American Psycho | Teen Ink

American Psycho

February 7, 2014
By CarrieSElam PLATINUM, West Liberty, Kentucky
CarrieSElam PLATINUM, West Liberty, Kentucky
24 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
" When you Grow Up, Your Heart Dies."- Ally Sheedy ( The Breakfast Club, 1985)

“And in the end, we were all just humans.. drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness.”

"Groovy Like a Drive In movie"


Meet Patrick Bateman, a good looking,successful, wealthy, business man. Oh, did I forget to mention hes also a serial Killer?

In this Cult classic we get the inside view of a psychopath's mind. The film is seen through the eyes of Patrick ( Christian Bale.) A Yuppie in the late 1980's. He seems to be living the perfect life, heck he seems to be perfect himself. On the outside that is. On the inside is nothing but pure evil.

Patrick's first on screen kill is when he brutally stabs a homeless man to death. Then after, he stomps the Mans dog into the pavement. But his rein of terror does not end there.
Patrick ends up killing Business associate Paul Allen (Jared Leto) in his own apartment with an ax.

Throughout the movie you see plenty of conflict. With in Patrick and his surroundings. There's an awesome police chase, and other crazy things that keep you on your toes.

This film inst for the faint of heart, so if you pass out at the sight of blood I do not recommend this film for you. But if Dark movies are your thing, then I think you might have found your new favorite movie.

This film is unpredictable, It has many twist and turns. The ending is one of those open endings, leaving you with the question. Did any of this happen at all? or was it all in his mind?