The Notebook | Teen Ink

The Notebook

By Brooke Murphy BRONZE, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Brooke Murphy BRONZE, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Behind every great love is a great story. Picture this: Two eighteen year olds, from two totally different class families, falling in love in during the summertime. They have the most romantic, passionate relationship that is perfect in almost every way. Although they shouldn't be together because their families wouldn't approve, they always find a way back into each other's arms.

The Notebook is the quintessence of love stories. It is the ultimate romance movie that shows how much of a struggle love is but also how rewarding it can be. The two main characters, Allie Hamilton (played by Rachel McAdams) and Noah Calhoun (played by Ryan Gosling) spend years separated just to learn that they are both still crazy about each other. Days before Allie is supposed to be married to another man, she uncovers the plot twisting truth that turns her world upside down.

Not only does this movie have extremely talented and appealing actors to look at (it's Ryan Gosling hello!) but is also filled with the sweetest quotes that every girl romanticizes about (whether they want to admit it or not). This film seems to be a classic that is watched repeatedly by girls everywhere. And It's especially perfect for sleepovers! If you are a hopeless romantic, this will definitely be a movie to bring the tissue box to. And even if you're not, it will for sure have you routing for love to conquer all in the end anyway.

"It's not gonna be easy. it's going to be really hard. We're going to have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, everyday. You and me...every day." I think this is the most beautiful quote in the entire movie. It shows how much they wanted that love and how much they were willing to fight for it.

The Notebook is based off of the novel written by Nicholas Sparks. It is sold almost anywhere that sells DVDs or you can buy it through online streaming. I would rate this movie a 10 out of 10 because it gets the audience emotionally involved. You feel like you know these two lovers personally. It also is the prime example of a love story that will leave you dreaming about your own.