The Vow | Teen Ink

The Vow

By Hannah Dinesen BRONZE, Grove, Oklahoma
Hannah Dinesen BRONZE, Grove, Oklahoma

I am writing a review of the movie “The Vow” which was released February 10, 2012. “The Vow” is directed by Micheal Sucsy and stars Rachel McAdams and Channing Tatum. McAdams and Tatum play the roles of Paige and Leo. “The Vow” is a romantic drama. This movie’s setting is in downtown Chicago, Illinois. The storyline is inspired by Kim and Krickitt Carpenter who these events actually occurred to. The overview of the movie is Paige and Leo fell in love and while they were sitting at a stop sign they were rear-ended and due to the accident Paige lost all of her memory. After several months of Leo trying to help Paige remember the life they had together she can’t regain the memories. So throughout the movie Leo begins taking Paige on dates and doing sweet things for her so that she will fall in love with him again. After trying for so long and not getting anywhere Leo just lets Paige learn things on her own and hope she remembers the love they once had. Slowly Paige relives the past life she already had even though she doesn’t realize it. Finally at the end Paige and Leo end up meeting at a restaurant they used to go to together although it happened to be a coincidence. Due to the restaurant being closed Paige mentions maybe they should try a new restaurant and it leaves it opened ended yet implying they will fall in love again. I recommend this movie to everyone, it is unbelievably phenomenal. If you love a typical chick flick then this movie is perfect for. “The Vow” is the most inspiration yet biggest tear-jerking movie anyone will ever watch. Personally I could not find any flaws within this movie. It was nominated for sixteen awards in which it won three of them. “The Vow” is the perfect movie for any occasion.