Hunger Games MockingJay Part 1 | Teen Ink

Hunger Games MockingJay Part 1

By BryceF BRONZE, Keʻa&#39au, Hawaii
BryceF BRONZE, Keʻa&#39au, Hawaii

Hunger Games MockingJay Review Hunger games is a series of movies and books. Mockingjay is the third book of the series. Katniss survived the bombing of district 12 and finds that district 13 is still alive. She finds out that Peetah is in the capitol getting tortured. District 13 makes Katniss the new Mockingjay. Katniss is trying to find a way to take down President Snow. I think that the movie was better because I don’t comprehend good when I read books. The first difference I noticed in the movie is that Effie is in the movie and they never mentioned her in the book. Another difference is that they took out the prep team when they were getting tortured when they were naked. The last difference I noticed is when the people dropped the mockingjay symbol which was a bomb and then they climbed the trees is not in the book it is only in the movie that is the last difference I noticed that was in the movie and not the book. I think the director chose his actors as he did because he wanted the characters that he thinks that the people who read the book imagine what they look like. I would’ve made boggs a buff white guy because that’s how I imagine him I don’t imagine him as a dark skinny/lanky guy. My opinion on this movie is that it is a good movie but they they should make the movie exactly like the book. I also think that the part where the prep team getting tortured should’ve been in the movie because that was an important part in the book. My recommendation is that before you watch the movie you should read the book because it is gonna be confusing if you don’t read. the only way it wouldn’t be confusing is if you watch the movie before that which is Catching Fire to refresh your brain. I also recommend that because I think that the book has more detail than the movie but it has less events that happened in the movie. I honestly think that the movie is better.