Jurassic World | Teen Ink

Jurassic World

By Bob_Ross BRONZE, Lethbridge, Other
Bob_Ross BRONZE, Lethbridge, Other

If anyone asks i was watching Cops.

Jurassic World is the fourth installment in the Jurassic Park series. It is set twenty-two years after the events of Jurassic park. The movie takes place on the same island that was the setting for the first movie, Isla Nublar. The island has now turned into a successful theme park that has been open for ten years, showcasing all the dinosaurs from the older movies while introducing new ones to the audience. The movie Starts when two brothers Zach and gray Mitchell (Nick Robinson and Ty Simpkins) are sent to the theme park to visit their aunt Claire Dearing (Bryce Dallas Howard) who is the parks Operations Manager. The park is recruiting corporate sponsors to help introduce their new exhibit the Indominous Rex, a genetically modified dinosaur with the base genome of a tyrannosaurus rex and every other detail on genes being confidential.

Owen Grady (Chris Pratt) is the parks head trainer for the velociraptor pack at the park. He has a personal connection with the raptors that he describes as mutual respect for each other. Vic Hoskins (Vincent D’onofrio) is the parks head of security and wants to train he raptors for military use but Owen is not too thrilled about the idea.

The movie kicks off when the Indominous Rex escapes from its Enclosure and makes its way toward the main area of the park. Meanwhile Zach and Gray get separated from one of the rides and end up out in the middle of the jungle when they run into the Indominous Rex and only narrowly escape by jumping off of a waterfall and into some water. They then find their way back to the visitor center from the first movie and manage to get one of the jeeps running to make their way back to the park. Claire sends a team of rangers to try to sedate the Indominous rex and return it to its cage but the dinosaur uses camouflage to hide from the group and eventually ends up devouring all of them.
Most of the park is then evacuated only leaving main street open to the guests. The Indominous Rex continues towards the main area of the park and the next plan of action is to call a chopper piloted by none other than Simon Masrani the parks head of operations. The chopper has Machine gun attached to the chopper. The chopper located the Indominous rex right next to the Aviary and Begins shooting at it. The bullets do not disturb the I-Rex and it breaks its way into the aviary causing Pterodactyls to pour out the hole and attack the chopper and eventually cause it to spiral out of control and crash.

Back at Main Street the park goes into complete “chaos” when the airborne dinosaurs terrorize the park. The security teams manage to subdue the Dinosaurs but not before a few casualties are taken. They then shift their focus back to the I-rex and now in control Vic Hoskins suggests that the team use the raptors to attack and hopefully kill the Indominous. Owen Grady is against the idea at first but eventually decides that he is not going to change Hoskins’ mind and agrees to use the raptors to take on the I-rex. The team releases the raptors and following them is Owen Grady on his Motorbike. When the raptors reach the Indominous, Owen realizes something is not right. The raptors are communicating with the Indominous rex. This causes the raptors to turn on the group of rangers that followed Owen and they start to kill the ranger team.

One of the raptors chase a vehicle with Claire, Zach and Gray in it and they manage to throw a CO2 tank out the back of the vehicle, hitting the raptor and giving them a clear way back to the park.

Claire, Owen, Zach and gray decide to take shelter inside of the innovation center where they find Hoskins and the rest of the security team removing all of the dinosaur embryos off of the island. They are then interrupted by one of the raptors jumping through a glass window and cornering Hoskins. Hoskins throws u hand signals but the raptor does not obey them and decides that Hoskins looks like a suitable snack for himself.  This gives Claire, Owen and the kids enough time to escape out the front door just before the Indominous finds his way into Main Street along with two more of the raptors. The third raptor joins them and they begin to corner the group. Owen tries communicating with the raptors and they listen to him and begin to attack the Indominous.

Meanwhile Claire makes her way to the Paddock where the T-Rex is housed and Radios the control room to tell them to open the paddock. After a moment of disbelief the operator opens the paddock and the T-rex chases Claire, armed with a flare, back to where the raptors are fighting, and then commence the most epic fight in Jurassic park history. The raptors and the T-rex vs. the Indominous Rex.

I do quite enjoy this movie and I think that it really introduced some new things to the series while still keeping the authentic Jurassic park feel.  I also do like how it made some references to the older movies and did not create major plot holes in the movies. I really enjoyed Chris Pratt’s character. I could really see the relationship he had with his raptors. I also enjoyed Bryce Dallas Howards character. From the trailers her character seemed like the sit around and do nothing type, but when I watched the movie I thought she was more involved than I originally thought.

Some of the things that I did not enjoy were the way the movie started. The movie did start off a little slow and did not pick up pace until Chris Pratt’s character was introduced. Also some of the characters were not characterized as much as I wanted them to be. I thought that the kids could have been characterized a bit more. I felt like I did not know enough about them to really be super involved with their stories.

Overall I do enjoy this movie and I cannot wait for the sequel in 2018. I would give this movie a solid 7.5/10.

KingoGotham BRONZE, Milk River, Other

Oh, you think darkness is your ally. But you merely adopted the dark; I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but BLINDING! he shadows betray you, because they belong to me!-Bane

Oh, you think darkness is your ally. But you merely adopted the dark; I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but BLINDING!

Skywarp BRONZE said...
Skywarp BRONZE, Milk River, Other
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

"They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░█░░█░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░█░░█░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░█░░░█░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░█░░░░█░░░░░░░░ ███████▄▄█░░░░░██████▄░░ ▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░ ▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░ ▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░ ▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░ ▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░ ▓▓▓▓▓▓█████░░░░░░░░░█░░ ██████▀░░░░▀▀██████▀░░░░

Bob_Ross BRONZE, Lethbridge, Other

If anyone asks i was watching Cops.

__________████████_____██████ _________█░░░░░░░░██_██░░░░░░█ ________█░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░█ _______█░░░░░░░███░░░█░░░░░░░░░█ _______█░░░░███░░░███░█░░░████░█ ______█░░░██░░░░░░░░███░██░░░░██ _____█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░███ ____█░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░████░░█ ____█░░░░░░░░░█████░░░████░░██░░██░░█ ___██░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░███ __█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░█████████ _█░░░░░░░░░░█████_████___████_█████___█ _█░░░░░░░░░░█______█_███__█_____███_█___█ █░░░░░░░░░░░░█___████_████____██_██████ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░████████░░░█ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░█ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░█░░░░░░██ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░███████ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░█ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█ ░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██ ░░░░░░░░░░█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒███████████████▒▒█ ░░░░░░░░░█▒▒███████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█ ░░░░░░░░░█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█████████████████ ░░░░░░░░░░████████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█ ██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██ ▓██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██ ▓▓▓███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█ ▓▓▓▓▓▓███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██ ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████▓▓█ ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██ ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█ ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█