Invisible Sister | Teen Ink

Invisible Sister MAG

By MysticMusic ELITE, Waterloo, Other
MysticMusic ELITE, Waterloo, Other

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” -Mae West
"It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things." - Leonardo Da Vinci

“Invisible Sister” (broadcast on the Disney Channel) targets not only family problems, but people problems in general. Essentially, this movie addresses issues that teenagers often encounter.

Cleo (Roman Blanchard), the younger sister, excels academically, but envies the love and attention her older sister, Molly (Paris Berelc), receives both at school and at home. To cope with her problems, Cleo shuts everyone out, except her friend, George. Cleo’s introversion makes her relatable; insecurity and envy can make you put up walls around your heart to protect it from being hurt.

Meanwhile, Molly tries to befriend Cleo but only gets sarcasm and resistance in response. The two sisters are wrapped up in their own problems and aren’t able to understand the other’s point of view.

Everything changes when Cleo turns a moth invisible by accident. The moth flies into the glass Molly is drinking from and she becomes invisible as well. As a result, Molly convinces Cleo to go to school dressed up as her in order to impress the recruiting scouts at her lacrosse game. Molly emphasizes how important these scouts are for her future and begs Cleo to impress them in her place. Cleo agrees when she sees her sister’s low math marks and hears Molly confess that she is jealous of Cleo’s natural genius. Molly admits that her popularity and athletic ability won’t be much use after high school while Cleo’s academic ability can take her far.

Cleo experiences the day as Molly and finds that Molly’s life isn’t as easy as she thought. She opens up her heart to Molly’s friends, without them realizing she is Cleo, and comes to an epiphany about herself and how she isn’t as invisible and not cared about as she thought. The sisters come to an understanding about themselves and reconcile.

Besides being a touching story with a happily-ever-after ending, “Invisible Sister” is beautifully realistic, with the exception of turning living beings invisible. I really enjoyed this movie, which portrays both the negative and positive sides of human nature in a way that is touching and very relatable.

MysticMusic ELITE, Waterloo, Other

Actually turning Molly invisible was a complete accident, sorry if that wasn't clarified in the review. Also, I personally like their names as they are, just saying, and thanks for commenting!

BabySnickers15 SILVER, Columbus, Ohio

"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying" ~Michael Jordan~
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams" ~Franklin Delano Roosevelt~

I loved Invisible sister but I don't think it was necessary for Cleo to turn Molly invisible just so she could be seen. BTW they need better names Cleo and Molly sound like names out of the 60's lol