Forrest Gump | Teen Ink

Forrest Gump

December 14, 2015
By NateW BRONZE, Lewes Delaware, Delaware
NateW BRONZE, Lewes Delaware, Delaware
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"life is like a box of chocolates you never know what your gonna get."


Forrest Gump is one of the best movies that I have ever seen in my entire life. Forrest Gump is great because it is a very eventful movie. The movie also has a very wonderful director. The movie Forrest Gump makes many spectacular quotes throughout the whole movie. Other than the fact of one flaw in the movie Forrest Gump is a great movie.


In the movie there are many events that Forrest is in and conflicts that Forrest has to deal with. In the movie Forrest goes to war and meets a friend named bubba. Bubba grew up eating all types of shrimp and he exclaimed this to Forrest throughout the war. Later in the movie Forrest comes across a lot of money so he buys a shrimp boat and names it jenny after a girl that he loves. This relates to a quote that forest says “life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get”. In the beginning of Forrest Gump he is being chased by bullies and jenny says “run forrest run!”. When Forrest is grown up in the movie jenny leaves Forrest. Gump doesn’t know how to handle this so he runs and runs so much that he ran across the nation many times. This shows that the movie is popular because quotes that came out 21 years ago are still used in 2015. Since there are so many events that take place in Forrest Gump it makes for a very interesting story.


The movie is probably so good because of its great director. The director of the movie named Robert Zemeckis. Robert has made many spectacular movies that I have loved. He made all the Back to the future movies, Flight, the polar express, and cast away. These movies have all been movies that I have really liked. Due to Roberts stellar directing and the help of the rest of the crew this movie earned 8 awards in 1995 although the movie came out in 1994.


The only flaw in the movie is that it is very long. Although the movie is long it makes up for it by being very interesting. The movie may have one flaw but it was still a great movie. Overall I would give this movie a 10 out of 10 and I would suggest that other people watch this movie too.