Cider House | Teen Ink

Cider House

January 24, 2017
By Anonymous

Cider House Rules is one of my favorite movies. It is made up of many themes, such as drama, comedy and romance. My rating for this movie is five stars because it's a classic and a very inspirational movie altogether. The movie set was first in an orphanage, then an apple picking farm/the cider house, hence why the movie is called cider house rules. Homer his friend and his friends girlfriend were traveling to this apple picking farm because that is what homer said he wanted to do at the time. Though once Homer's friend left to go to the air force, Homer started to fall in love.

Homer and his friends girlfriend started to fall in love and ended up sleeping together which was going to cause problems because she had a boyfriend already, they slept with each other over and over till they could not do it anymore. Later on homer finds out that one of the employees in the cider house has gotten pregnant because of the way she was acting and because she was getting sick alot.

They later find out that she had gotten pregnant from her own father, which homer found disgusting because it is, they had to wait until the baby was ready.  And so they did and she had decided she did not want a baby from her father and could not handle a baby at the time. Homer starts to get letters from his old orphanages doctor, he kept encouraging him to go out there and become a doctor with him. Homer finally accepted by the end and traveled out there to be the doctor he's always wanted to be and also be payed well.

And before homer had gotten there the old doctor had died so they really needed him at this point because he needed a good doctor in his place since he was passed away. Homer gets there and replaces the doctor and all the kids had missed him because he had been gone for so long, the kids rushed him, it turns to night he reads them a story and they all go to bed and the movie ends.


My favorite character in the movie is homer because he’s a person to look up to because he puts his mind to something and he does it and does not give up. I loved this movie, i would recommend this movie to anyone who loves romance, comedy and drama.


The author's comments:

I Like This