Wendy Wu | Teen Ink

Wendy Wu

By Djrockystar BRONZE, Dallas, Texas
Djrockystar BRONZE, Dallas, Texas

I have gone after the movie Wendy Wu which was created by Disney Channel on 2006.  It has some mystery in the beginning and turns to action almost at the end. The movie seems so real that in the end some people have scratches that need healing. It was about a teenager wanting to be homecoming queen, but then she has been taught that she is the reincarnation of a Chinese warrior. She then realizes she is in danger and has to stop it from controlling the world. It was made in Auckland, New Zealand. In the beginning her brother ”Peter Wu” get’s possessed by the evil spirit that eventually gives to Wendy’s principal “ Principal Nunan.”
        In the middle of the story she realizes she needs to train so that she is not killed. Another reason was because of her grandmother which was the last warrior before her. Her main teacher and guardian is “Shen” which is a monk from the palace that knows every piece needed to teach her. All the  teachers that  from her school that teaches her the way of the dragon, snake, tiger, crane and leopard. Those animals help her to notice her full potential and help her to destroy the evil spirit. The special effects make it as if you were in the position as the person, and the way everyone looked after that happened. The sound effects make it as if that happened in real life.
        The effects coming from the possessed girl made it real since the evil spirit was using her body so that he could fight and deal damage. At the last straw from the end Wendy gets all emotional and realizes she has still unknown power that her training did not unlock. The special effects made it stand out during their battle since it was gold and they made it shine even brighter. There were effects that made it seem as if Wendy had the power to heal or revive people.
       It also allows you to see the feelings between the actors. The effects make it mysterious since they don’t let you see the villains face till the end of the movie. The only way you would know is if you tried to imagine how he looked like due to only his voice, and desire. Almost at the end the effects make it seem as if Wendy Wu is having powers since she was the one to bring Shen back from the dead. With the green screen it made it look like if she jumped that high and be able to fight in an angle.
      The sound effects that were added made it seem as if they got scraped. Also, as if they were dead since they made Shen was not breathing. There were times that the effects and sound didn’t go together. Like when Shen jumped over the pool to stop a possessed girl from tacking Wendy’s powers away with an orb.
    In conclusion when you are watching a new movie I recommend this movie. If your children love princesses, then you should show them this movie. When your child wants imagination and action I would suggest this movie.

I was insired by one of my friends since he had watched and said that it was good. I hope people can see that culture and religion dont matter because we are all different.