ME! by Taylor Swift | Teen Ink

ME! by Taylor Swift

April 30, 2019
By talianicole21 SILVER, San Jacinto, California
talianicole21 SILVER, San Jacinto, California
6 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Happiness can be found even in the darkness of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." -Album Dumbledore 'Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban'


Once again Taylor Swift surprised her fans with a new song AND video. And I have to say, they were both INCREDIBLE! From the amazing mixture of Taylor’s voice as well as Brendon Urie’s to the beautiful, pastel colors falling from the sky in a rain, ME! is a fun song for everyone of all ages to enjoy. I loved all the Easter Eggs hidden in this spectacular, colorful video about the upcoming songs and albums. Taylor starts off the video with a pink snake slithering along a chalked sidewalk while hissing at the audience. When you think that the snake is about to bite the camera, it bursts into a bunch of butterflies. I love the symbolism showing that her dark, scary snake phase is over from her last album “Reputation” specifically in the song “Look what you made me do”. Taylor has come out of these experiences stronger and more beautiful than ever. She is someone who continues to inspire me. All of the movie references in the video like the Wizard of Oz, the Parent Trap, even Hairspray made the video especially fun to watch. There were so many hints about upcoming songs, new family members, and so much more throughout the entire video. This was such a fun song celebrating individuality and loving who you are and I think it is safe to say that Brendon Urie and Taylor Swift killed it in this new song and I strongly encourage you to go listen to this song!


The author's comments:

" Taylor has come out of these experiences stronger and more beautiful than ever. "