Lil Baby the Hottest in the Game | Teen Ink

Lil Baby the Hottest in the Game

By JM5 SILVER, Sussex, Wisconsin
JM5 SILVER, Sussex, Wisconsin

What rapper got his name from being a “baby” compared to the “old heads” he hung out with while not answering his mom calls, Lil Baby. He is a widely known rapper who was born and raised in Atlanta, Georgia. He has been in the rap game for a while now, dropping his first project in 2017 and now has four albums and eight mixtapes.

Lil baby dropped his latest album, on October 14th, 2022 after being hyped up by himself and other music based social media accounts.

In this album, like many of his others, he tells a story through rapping. Since he was born into gang violence and lived in a bad situation he says “I came from the bottom of the bottom” then continues to rap about how he shot up to the top and is now successful. This is true art and a very well put together album because he raps about his story while making it catchy and inspiring. He also has good beats made which is another positive. Many of the beats were produced by some of the greatest in the game including Wheezy ATL and Murda Beatz.

In another song from the album, California Breeze, he talks about how people aren’t what “they be talkin bout” so he said he “switched up his crew”. He paints a picture about how back in his hood people act like someone they're not. This track is very good because it inspires not only me but it has the power to inspire anyone going through a hard time in life.

On another song in the album called Perfect Timing Lil Baby preaches how he's giving his all but that's not good enough. This really shows how hard he's worked and isn’t going to give up no matter what. It also makes listeners want to follow in his footsteps in order to succeed in whatever they are doing. 

Lil Baby’s new album It’s Only Me is not only a good album as far as being catchy and having good beats. This album is going to motivate a wide variety of people in order to do better in whatever they are doing and to continue to work hard. This is because Lil Baby is someone who has a big influence on the youth so his work will touch people's hearts and they will aspire to be similar to him and have his work ethic.

I enjoy listening to Lil Baby.