Fin De Semana | Teen Ink

Fin De Semana

By hlizama018 BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois
hlizama018 BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois

“Fin de Semana” by Junior H ft Oscar Maydon  has reached over 5.6 millions streams in the U.S. And is already on the Billboard Hot 100. Junior has reached the billboards chart more than once, but with his song “Fin de Semana” has reached 5.6 million streams placing it on number 86 of 100.  Junior H also known as Antonio Herrera Perez is a songwriter from Guanajuato, Mexico. Most of Junior’s songs are about ambition, toxic relationships, street life, and infectious optimism registered with listeners.  His motto is “En la vida hay tiempo para todo menos rendirse.” - “In life there is time for everything but to give up`.” 

At the age of 15 Junior taught himself to play guitar by watching youtube videos. And surprisingly due to the lack of proper training he has benefitted the songwriting in developing a truly unique playing style. Now the genre Junior focuses on is Corridos. But since it's a new generation of Corridos they are known as Corridos Tumbados. Which also builds up on the regional sound and instruments as the older generation of corridos. Corridos Tumbados are often focused on using sounds of hip-hop, trap, reggaeton and narrate experiences of precarious urban areas. There are also some artists who will narrate when they were in the lower class and to later on sing about their fame and wealth. Old style Corridos are about storytelling. They tell battle victories (and losses), individuales taking on the establishment, the 

lives of great or notorious people, and perhaps the most ancient type of story in human history- the epic journey. The older corridos also pay tribute to the immigrant life-style, stereotypes, and tell the story of the Narcos. Meanwhile Corriods Tumbados acknowledge the same topics; they also go on to honor the Narco “El Chapo”  and to honor Sinaloa. While others honor religious beliefs. 

Personally I like Corridos Tumbados. These songs and all these different artists have helped me cope while I was going through tough situations. One of my favorite Corridos Tumbados artists has to and will always be Junior H. I love how he has a very beautiful, melodic, peaceful, calm voice. I love how his songs relate to what kids/people this generation relate to. His songs will always help keep a memory of someone alive or to help keep someone alive. A lot with his music has helped me because I have had a lot of panic attacks and a lot of situations where his music was a way to escape reality.  

I think people should listen to Corridos Tumbados without judgment because teens do not judge what you are listening to. I know everyone is not a fan but don’t encourage your child to not be themselves around you and/or other people. People should understand this type of music is going viral and will either add or change history for Regional Mexican Music. Now as for Junior H and Oscar Maydon they will continue growing, their music is slowly helping adolescents cope, understand, or evolve as a person. Not every teenager might get the same message but an adolescent knows what they need in their life and sooner or later this music will bring what they need. 

This is both stated with and facts and or opinions.