Dum and Dummer | Teen Ink

Dum and Dummer

By 5monson BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
5monson BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

There are many different rappers in 2023. Many of these rappers collaborate with one another to make albums. The two that do this best are Young Dolph and Key Glock, especially in the album, Dum and Dummer.  

I decided to listen to this album because I heard the song “Ill” and I really liked it. I loved the beat and the words to the song. The words even make me chuckle a few times. I listened to it on repeat for days. I fell in love with the flow and beats the two produced together. 

The words are easy to understand. Most rappers nowadays mumble when they rap but Dolph and Glock manage to be understood while they spit fire lyrics. “It take money to make money, and it's all about timing (stay down) I went and got rich but it still can't fix everything (damn)”. This bar sounds amazing, but also has a meaning. He is talking about how he is rich now and he still can't fix his past. 

The album overall is extremely authentic and delivers quality storytelling. It truly paints a picture in your head. Being able to hear about their beginnings in South Memphis being raised by their grandmas is a treat. Key Glock raps in Monster, ”Shout out to my grandma, she know she raised a hustler, yeah”. Another authentic bar from the album is “What am I supposed to do when I come from drugs and violence (yeah, yeah).” The two always seem to make every word count in this album. Rappers that are unskilled tend to use nonsense words to just rap. Although it sounds good, Dolph and Glock manage to use words that are meaningful and powerful .

My favorite songs on the album are “Dum and Dummer,” “Monster,”  “Summo,” and “If I Ever.” “Dum and Dummer” is a slower beat and flow but the song is a masterpiece. The rhyming done in this song is so catchy and flowy. “Monster” is uplifting and motivating. The fast beat and fade in and fade outs are very pleasant to listen to. The fast beat mixed with the fades is a very soothing combination. It makes you want to listen more and more. “Summo” has a deep and slow beat that is very pleasant to listen to. Dolph’s deep voice really makes the words match the beat. “If I Ever” is a very catchy song. Between the beat and the two switching off while rapping, it makes the song a treat to listen to.

If you are looking to be left stunned and shocked by an album, then Dum and Dummer by Key Glock and Young Dolph is for you. The true fire and authentic bars these two constantly produce is unbelievable.

Key Glock and Young Dolph are my favorite rappers