Spotify Review | Teen Ink

Spotify Review

By vlara BRONZE, Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
vlara BRONZE, Franklin Lakes, New Jersey

When it comes to Spotify, there are definitely some pros and a few cons to consider. With Spotify you have access to most of the music you listen to.  Whether you like hip hop, rock, pop or any other genre of music. It even has personalized recommendations and playlists you can choose from.

I use the application Spotify to listen to my music. I chose Spotify over other music listening apps because it has a wide selection of music to choose from and is easy to use. I also like the fact that it is appealing to the eye. There are also a lot of features like listening parties you can share with your friends so you can listen to the same things. The app makes it easy to make different playlists. I also like that the app gives surprising accurate recommendations based on what I listen to using AI. Not many apps have that good of AI compared to spotify. A big pro in my opinion is that spotify has a wide range of artists popular and not popular. 

Although Spotify offers benefits, it also has drawbacks. There are a few drawbacks to Spotify if you don't have a premium membership. Unlike other apps, this one typically displays several advertisements when you're listening to music. It's just inconvenient because I want to be able to listen to my music uninterrupted. Another drawback is that you can only use a set number of skips if you don't have a subscription. Without the premium membership, you are limited to 6 skips every hour on Spotify.

This in my opinion is con whereas some people think that it is a pro. Also sometimes when you skip a song it may occasionally play an ad which is annoying because I don’t get to listen to the music I want to right away. 

Every app has their pros and cons and even though spotify has many, the cons don’t really bother me that much and the app has many pros that I like and am looking for when I am listening to music. Therefore, I chose to use spotify to listen to music because of its wide range of music and artists, gives good music recommendations, and allows me to listen to music with my friends. For anyone looking for a music app to listen to music on you should use spotify. However, I use and like spotify for my own personal reasons so you should look for an app for you but I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking to enjoy their music.