Hannah Montana – | Teen Ink

Hannah Montana – MAG

By Addie Schmitz BRONZE, Grapevine, Texas
Addie Schmitz BRONZE, Grapevine, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

This Disney triple threat is back for her second soundtrack and first solo CD that includes two discs. The first contains music from the hit Disney Channel show “Hannah Montana.” You get a glimpse ­into Miley's world on this self-titled album, “Meet Miley Cyrus.”

The second Hannah Montana album has Disney written all over it, with songs inspiring kids to be themselves. Songs like “Rockstar,” “One in a Million,” and “Bigger than Us” are easy to relate to with their memorable lyrics about love. Teens can catch on to hit songs like “Nobody's Perfect,” “Life's What You Make It,” and “True Friend,” which talk about dealing with problems and how your best friends are always there for you.

My favorite track is the ring-tone-ready “We Got the Party.” Miley's natural voice shines on this soundtrack, whether it's an upbeat dance song or a slower melody.

As soon as she takes off her wig, she also takes off the Disney-produced lyrics. Miley wrote most of the second disc, making it even easier to relate to, yet still PG-rated.

The first big hit from this CD is “G.N.O. (Girl's Night Out),” which is a perfect tune for hanging out with your best friends. Other hits have emerged, including “Start All Over” and “See You Again,” which have aired on the Disney Channel and swept the airwaves.

This self-titled album also ­includes songs perfect for road trips, like “Right Here,” “As I Am,” and “Good & Broken,” which have become my ­favorites. Probably the most ­inspirational song is “I Miss You,” which Miley wrote for her “Pappy” after his death.

Although much of this two-in-one album is computer-mixed, it also has strong lyrics and good beats. And my ­favorite part is Miley signs the songs that she writes as Destiny Hope Cyrus, her real name.

Whether or not you're a fan of the show, this soundtrack is sure to get your attention.


Similar Articles

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 56 comments.


on Oct. 6 2014 at 2:46 pm
i dont really like hannah montannah and miley cyrus could try to be a little more appropriate but i love her songs and it was a great review

on Jan. 6 2014 at 10:46 am
Emely Subda BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
1 article 0 photos 5 comments
This was not a veryu good artyicle bvecaus e miely has turned to a freak'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p

poophead said...
on Feb. 24 2012 at 8:16 am
Memorable Lyrics? The only reason I remember any of the lyrics was because they were probably the dumbest lyrics I had ever heard

ALR107 said...
on Dec. 18 2011 at 10:19 am
ALR107, Boise, Idaho
0 articles 13 photos 28 comments
Wow.... um.... wow...... What has this world come to?

Hope Udarbe said...
on Feb. 7 2011 at 4:55 pm
Hope Udarbe, Westminster, Colorado
0 articles 0 photos 25 comments

ok miley cyrus um eww or should i say hannah smontana

lol


on Oct. 4 2010 at 5:18 pm
Carmella_Hastings GOLD, Atlanta, Georgia
10 articles 1 photo 28 comments

Favorite Quote:
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." -Walt Emerson

:) totally agree

on Oct. 4 2010 at 5:16 pm
Carmella_Hastings GOLD, Atlanta, Georgia
10 articles 1 photo 28 comments

Favorite Quote:
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." -Walt Emerson

I don't very much agree with you, WriterLoverForever, on her music- well, I shouldn't be saying anything in that regard since I don't listen to Miley or Hannah or whoever she really is ;-) but I do agree that while she has made mistakes, she may still be a good person at heart- we're all young here and all have made some pretty horrible mistakes, I'm going to guess- I have anyway- and I'm sure if we were in her position we'd think it was a stupid decision but we can't do anything about it. So I don't really listen to her music but I agree with the fact that while she has made mistakes, she may still be a good person at heart.

on Jul. 30 2010 at 2:51 pm
WritingLoverForever PLATINUM, Bowling Green, Ohio
32 articles 2 photos 198 comments

Favorite Quote:
It's not about success; it's about significance.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

I know I'm probably the only one who feels like this, but I think Miley is such an amazing artist. I think her music is amazing and I love her show. Sure, she hasn't made the best decisions in her life, and her good rolemodel status seems to be diminishing, but I can't help but love her anyway. Her music...it has just worked magic in my life. Her sad songs from her CD "Breakout" got me through the most devasting breakup I've ever had. And songs of hers like "The Climb" helped me find myself when I felt completely lost and hopeless. She's like a hero to me, if you know what I mean. Miley's the best, and I'll always be a die-hard fan of hers.

on May. 26 2010 at 6:43 pm
sany.lastflame PLATINUM, Frederick, Colorado
33 articles 16 photos 255 comments
ok number one. miley cyrus and hannah motana are the same person. sure she pretends to be a whole different person with hannah but still. they are the same deep down inside. and miley deep down inside is not so much so much of a great rolemodel. consodereing what she did at one of her concerts. should little kids be exposed to this kind of behavioar? teen just as much. who want more people in this generation doing the inapproaprite thing that she shows its ok to do. talk about dumbing down this generation. idk. i dont hate her. i dont hate anyone. its just my opinion that she should controll her actions and keep that stuff to herself. little children look up to her. maybe she should teach them something.

on May. 25 2010 at 8:51 pm
ummm, the song supergirl is about how everyone thinks she's a supergirl and she's saying she's not. Can you please listen before you say what it's supposed to be about or what you think it's about? I don't like Miley, but I do like HM.....

Valery5 said...
on Apr. 23 2010 at 11:55 am
Valery5, Riverside, California
0 articles 0 photos 74 comments

Favorite Quote:
"What's bad for your heart is good for your art."

Miley is a total bore to me i dont lie her music and her acting is over done

on Feb. 26 2010 at 4:42 pm
Mickie... SILVER, Hamilton, Other
8 articles 0 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Your Shin: A device for finding furniture in the dark." "
If you tell a man the universe has two billion stars, he'll believe you, but tell him that that bench has wet paint and he'll have to touch it to make sure."

It is milEy cYrus... and this is how to spell believe... Sorry, it kind of drives me crazy when I see spelling mistakes like that...

Ambie BRONZE said...
on Feb. 21 2010 at 4:50 pm
Ambie BRONZE, Millville, Pennsylvania
4 articles 0 photos 43 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If it can be dreamed, it can be done."

Miley Cyrus is ok-she has a unique voice, but she isn't my favorite!!!

on Feb. 10 2010 at 11:47 am
bennyB PLATINUM, Memphis, Tennessee
26 articles 0 photos 63 comments
I cant belive people like hanna montana/mily cirus.

on Jan. 22 2010 at 10:33 am
phoenixqueen GOLD, Idaho Falls, Idaho
10 articles 0 photos 30 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I cannot live without books."

Okay, this has nothing to do with the article, but it really bugs me: does no one use punctuation anymore? Sometimes sentences don't make sense because it is several sentences run together!

on Jan. 13 2010 at 4:06 pm
I am feeling you I love Miley Cyrus and don't care what people say

on Jan. 13 2010 at 4:01 pm
I love Miley Cyrus but hate Hanna Montana good thing she is quitting being Hannah Montana love her song Party in the USA have it on my I pod u should really check it out.

on Jan. 10 2010 at 11:01 am
XxCrazyGurlXx SILVER, Whiteville, North Carolina
6 articles 0 photos 23 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Besides my fashion sense? I play a mean harmonica." -Fang (Maximum Ride)
"I never wanted a part like this in my life." -Demi Lovato on Camp Rock
"Pink isn't just a race or color, its an attitude." -Myself

Nice review. I dont really like Hannah Montana but Miley's okay I guess!!! Party in the USA rocks so does her like 'The Time of Our Lives' Album!!! Check That Out!!!!

on Dec. 28 2009 at 2:50 pm
sany.lastflame PLATINUM, Frederick, Colorado
33 articles 16 photos 255 comments
yeah i guess you guys are right i take back the word hate and replace it with dislike:)

on Dec. 27 2009 at 8:22 pm
thesilverrose BRONZE, Richardson, Texas
1 article 0 photos 51 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Three may keep a secret, if two of them are dead." -Benjamin Franklin

did you hear what she did? maybe you should check it out. i don't life the song supergirl. it doesn't make any since, but anyways. i shouldn't have used the word hate... highly dislike would've been better.