Paranoid by Black Sabbath | Teen Ink

Paranoid by Black Sabbath

By CarrieSElam PLATINUM, West Liberty, Kentucky
CarrieSElam PLATINUM, West Liberty, Kentucky

" When you Grow Up, Your Heart Dies."- Ally Sheedy ( The Breakfast Club, 1985)

“And in the end, we were all just humans.. drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness.”

"Groovy Like a Drive In movie"

I'm going to take you back. Back to September,18th 1970. The day that Black Sabbaths second studio album was released. Just four months before the band debuted the Heavy Metal scene with their self titled album,
"Black Sabbath" and now, here they are releasing an album that will live on forever.

"Paranoid" has been noted as the bands best work, critic Steve Huey gave incredible praise to the album, he even went as far as saying that "Paranoid" is "one of the greatest and most influential heavy metal albums of all time."

Now, I'm going to bring you back, Present day. After all this time the album is still being praised!
"Paranoid" is currently ranked at number, 131 on Rolling Stone magazine's list of The 500 Greatest Albums of All Time. Not to shabby if I do say so myself.

Its been over forty years since the albums first release. But the band remains relevant! I know tons of teens my age and younger who would do anything,to see Black Sabbath in concert, Including myself.

I mean,this album has everything a Metal Head is looking for. When you first listen to the album you get the feeling that Lead singer Ozzy Osbourne Is singing directly to you.

You will be bobbing your head to the music in no time, I guarantee that. And when the albums best songs start playing, You will find yourself singing every word. I mean, this is what I do every time I play the album. It's seriously that good!

I would recommend this album to Metal Heads of all ages. Heck, I recommend it to all music fans! "Paranoid" is just one of those albums that appeal to everyone. No matter what age, or musical taste.

Parasytic-Surrealist SILVER, Kokomo, Indiana

Deduction is just the science of paying close attention.

I love your article. I personally own Paranoid on CD, so I get what you're saying. GOOD WORK!