My time at Alif Laila | Teen Ink

My time at Alif Laila

My time at Alif Laila was quite an enjoyable experience yet an experience that was filled with a bit of difficulty. When I was about to start my internship I was quite nervous due to the fact that it’s a completely new environment and that I would not be able to socialize and be able to make new friends.Nevertheless, when i look back now I can say that it was truly one of the best experiences of my life and that I am very happy that  I was able to socialize and make new friends .                                                                                                                                                                    

While I was at Alif Laila I was able to engage in different types of activities and tasks.When I first started doing my internship I was given the opportunity to learn how to tag books with their appropriate tags that showed where they should be placed. I enjoyed doing this at first as  it was satisfying to take tags on and off  but eventually as I was doing that a lot I became quite frustrated as it was also stressful and it also wasted a lot of time and didn’t allow me to participate in other activities.

Eventually, I started to participate in other activities such as being able to interact with the students  participating in the summer camp. This was done when I had the chance  of  playing with them and helping them in different activities. With this I also enjoyed knowing more about them as they all had such interesting stories to share. I was also able to take some books home and I did a project in which I had to make a bookshelf and submit a picture and I would say that it was quite amusing.

In addition to this , I also helped the staff  at Alif Laila plan different activities for the kids taking part in the  summer camp.Firstly, me and my group members did a project in which we had to make a kaleidoscope that would allow the children to see  the objects at one end in a symmetrical pattern . The kaleidoscope was a bit challenging to make as it was hard to get its proper dimensions and place things in the proper manner but eventually we figured it out and were able to make a very nice kaleidoscope that the kids enjoyed . Lastly, one of the last projects that I did at Alif Laila was that my partner and I made an informative presentation and model on the solar system. Making the presentation and model was quite enjoyable as we were able to research and learn about facts that we didn’t know about the solar system and that we were also able to experiment with different things to make the project .

Overall, it was a wonderful experience in which I was able to learn and experience a lot of new things and have the chance to interact with different people .

This write up is about an internship that I did at a local non profit Organization