AI Boot Scholar | Teen Ink

AI Boot Scholar

Veritas AI
Veritas AI is an initiative that is organized by Harvard University.This program is solely based on Articial intelligence and its main purpose is to help people dig deep into the main principles of AI.When I rst joined this program I had little to no knowledge about AI and how we even do basic coding but now I can say that I have learned alot from this course and I am know able to do basic programming and even apply dierent networks into it.
I did a ten week course at the Veritas AI ( boot scholar) program and I learned a lot over the course of those ten weeks. When I started to do the program at rst I found it very dicult and I wasn't even able to understand the basic coding methods.Overtime with the help of my mentor and with the guidance of my father I was able to have a better understanding in the way we can make dierent programs using dierent neural networks.

While at Veritas I was able to learn new things such as linear regression,polynomial regression, and logistic regression which are all methods of calculating data that helped us further in coding and were implemented in our projects. The lectures were divided into 3 parts that mainly consisted of the main lecture , the code walkthrough and the small group lecture.The code walkthrough was done on Google colab and it was a basic understanding of how all of these networks work on python.This was something that I found a bit dicult to understand as it was being a bit rushed and it was also really hard to get a hold on how to create basics codes.Eventually,this problem was solved in the small group lecture in which each group had a mentor that helped us get a better idea of the lecture one on one and I would say that this is something that I really liked about the program .

Lastly, I would also like to talk about our group project. The group project was done in the last class and it consisted of dierent topics which covered what we had learnt so far . The topic for our group was Malaria in which we had to nd the number of people infected by the disease. The project in particular was not the easiest to make and my group faced a lot of problems along the way .We faced problems such as that we had trouble in the advance model.The advance model was a continuation of the baseline model and my group members and I faced problems in adding more layers that could eventually improve the project.Nevertheless,we were eventually able to x the problem with the help of our mentor. When it comes to the presentation , I had to present our baseline model . While I was presenting the baseline model I talked about the architecture of the baseline model which included Convolution , Max pooling,and batch normalization.With This I also talked about the overall problems we faced while making the baseline model , and the performance which was not good due to the testing accuracy increasing at each epoch but the validation accuracy wasn’t increasing which showed it was inaccurate.
Overall, I would say that it was a wonderful experience and I would denitely recommend it .

This is about my summer program at Veritas Ai