The Simpsons review | Teen Ink

The Simpsons review

By spencerkrinke SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
spencerkrinke SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota

When “The Simpsons” first came out it was only supposed to be a one time funny Christmas show. But after that one episode, many people loved it and wanted more episodes. So the creator Matt Groening decided to make a series out of these hilarious cartoons. It is a very good show and some of the most important things about this show are the history, how entertaining this show is, then finally how interesting and different every single person in Springfield is.

Ever since the first episode came out it 1989 “The Simpsons” have become a very popular show. They are currently the longest still airing TV show in U.S history. Right now they have produced 30 seasons and 651 episodes and are still making new episodes. First, when the show first started the graphics on the show have improved very much. “The Simpsons” have also had a habit of making crazy predictions about the future that actually come true. The first time that they did that was in 1993 they predicted the Siegfried and Roy’s tiger attack and the actual attack happened in 2003.

Now with all of the crazy stuff, “The Simpsons” do there is no wonder why it’s known as a very entertaining show. They like to travel all around the world and after 651 episodes the family has been to 22 states and 27 countries and also visiting heaven and planets in outer space. Another common thing in most episodes is that Homer Simpson has had many crazy jobs that a normal person at his intelligence would never get. Some jobs that include his normal job a nuclear engineer, an astronaut, a pro boxer, the grim reaper, a FIFA world cup soccer referee, and finally a mob boss. Then the most interesting thing is that in the 30 years of this show running nobody in the whole show has every aged a day. When the show came out Bart was 10, Lisa was 8, and Maggie was 2 and to this day in every episode, they are still that age. The show may only be about the Simpson family but there many other interesting people in the show as well.

Now Springfield has many different people in the town with all different personalities and beliefs and liking. So all of those traits make it a very interesting and funny town. First, there are Homers friends from his local bar Moe’s. First, Moe the owner of the bar he is known as the ugly gross one of the town and he is suicidal. Then there is Ned Flanders the friendly very religious neighbor who everybody like except for Homer who for some reason hates him. There is also Sideshow Bob the murderous clown. Then there is also Apu Nahasapeemapetilon the kiki mart owner who rips everybody off with prices. As well as Chief Wiggum the stupid police chief who surrender to bugs. Finally Mr.Burns the grumpy old rich guy who never share and is considered an evil monster. But do something wrong he will shut off your power because he also owns the town power plant. As all can see in Springfield there is never a dull moment there is always something going on.

That is why I would recommend watching “The Simpsons” because there is lots of history in the show like how at first it was supposed to only be a Christmas show and it turned into the longest running show in US history. All the entertaining stuff in it like where the family goes all the time and all the fun and cool jobs that people dream to have but Homer ends up getting them by accident. Then finally the town Springfield never has a dull moment either it a threat that could destroy the town or a party where everybody drink and has fun all day long and night. They always find a way to make life interesting there.

I have seen every episode of the Simpsons and enjoy it very much and want other people to watch by seeing this review.