Casa de Papel | Teen Ink

Casa de Papel

By elenatripodi BRONZE, Rc, Other
elenatripodi BRONZE, Rc, Other

Casa de Papel, a Spanish TV series, is one of my favourite shows. Eight people get together to rob the national mint, where money is printed every day. All this is planned by a very intelligent "Professor", who gives these eight characters the names of cities to protect their identity from the police.
Rio is the popular guy who falls in love with Tokyo, the girl with freckles, while Berlin is the rich boy who commands the whole gang in the building. Rio takes a phone of Allison, one of the hostages, and it is connected to the police which gives them insight on Rio’s real identity.
The characters hide in a villa in Toledo, far from everyone in Madrid, to do some trial runs. Then they manage to enter the national mint and hold the people inside the building hostage without hurting anyone. Their intent is to get out rich and start a new life from scratch. The relationship between Raquel, the honest police detective, and the Professor appeals to many fans.
I don’t like crime, but this TV series intrigued me so much that when I started to watch it I empathised with the criminals. I watched it three times in a row, twice in Italian and once in Spanish. I don't recommend this show to young children because it contains a lot of violence, crime and death, but I do recommend it to people that can reflect on its conflicting morals.