Sue Thomas, F.B.eye | Teen Ink

Sue Thomas, F.B.eye

By TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida

"I feel that a hero is somebody who will stand up for their values and what they believe in and that can take any form. People that have values and have thought them through rather than those who just do what they’re told."-Skandar Keynes

"When it’

Based on the real life Sue Thomas, "Sue Thomas, F.B.eye" is about the first deaf F.B.I agent. Her unique lip-reading ability lands her a spot on the FBI's elite surveillance team. Although Jack Hudson, the team leader, will do anything to prove doubters of Sue's abilities wrong, others, and some higher-ups, don't believe a deaf woman should have any part in the F.B.I.

Having to prove herself more than else, and working harder than she ever has before, she earns the respect of her co-workers, while tackling tough cases and trying to catch the eye of the hunky Jack.

From adjusting to a new life to finding and convicting criminals, this series is filled with action, romance and comedy, while staying clean enough that you won't have to worry about your five-year-old watching along.

For anyone with a disability, or who has ever felt rejected by their peers, this is perfect show for you. In every episode, Sue proves herself capable of activities we normally take for granted, like gaining the approval of scorned co-worker, or coming to terms with past mistakes due to her disability. Sue is a hero for any person who feels like they are outcasts due to their disabilities. In fact, she proves that no one has "disabilities", but a special gift God has given you to use. While some things that may come easy to others may be difficult for you, God has made you the way you are for a reason. And He will use you the way you are.

Starring: Deanne Bray-Sue Thomas
Yannick Bisson-Jack Hudson
Enuka Okuma-Lucy Dodson
Rick Peters-Bobby Manning
Tara Samuels-Tara Williams
Ted Atherton-Myles Leland III
Marc Gomes-Dimitrius "Dee" Gans
Levi-Jesse

Now playing on the Gospel Music Channel (GMC)

Summerstar SILVER, Clinton, Utah

“For he shall give his angels charge over you, to keep you in your ways. And they will bear you up in their hands…” Psalms 91:11-12

@TheJust, thank you so much for writing this! My family and I found this show on BYU TV. A couple of years ago and as soon as we did, every night at 5, everyone would drop what they were doing and we would join Jack, Sue and the gang on their latest mystery. -We would cheer for the determined Sue, who never gave up, despite the difficulties and opposition she faced. -We'd find new admiration for Jack every episode for his complete faith in Sue and his strong sense of justice, even when opposed. -We'd plot with Tara and Lucy in their humorous attempts to set up Jack and Sue, and give high-fives all around when they succeeded. -Our minds would race, along with Jack, Bobby and D as they worked to solve the case. -We would laugh along with the gang at Myles's mishaps and adventures. -Last but not least, we fell in love with Levi, and learned how a little love can go a long with with this lovable Golden Retriever. They've taken it off the channel now, but I still look back on those evenings and episodes fondly, like each is an old friend. Howie, Amanda, Darcy and Troy all became favorite characters along with the main cast and I will never forget the story of love, faith and doing what's right from the show. Thank-you for bringing these memories back for me.

Thanks for writing this - great article!  For those who want to purchase DVDs, go to www.suethomasdvd.com - enjoy!