Avatar: The Last Airbender | Teen Ink

Avatar: The Last Airbender

March 7, 2009
By princeofsparx DIAMOND, Manhattan, New York
princeofsparx DIAMOND, Manhattan, New York
57 articles 8 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Those who reach for the stars should never forget the flowers that bloom at their feet.


Over the past month, me and my family had recently installed a new cable in our house. As I started watching TV on our new cable, I came across a show named Avatar: The Last Airbender. I watched the show when I was little but because of the schedules, I could never watch the Avatar as much as I wanted to. This show is definitely one of the better programs out there because it not only entertains but also teaches life lessons to all of us. The Avatar is basically about an airbenders struggle to regain peace back into the world. In the show, the proper image of the world is when all four nations, as in the four elements water, earth, fire and air are all in harmony with each other. Things take a turn when the fire nation suddenly attacked, taking over most of the world and it is the avatar's job to save the fire nation from gaining control of the whole world. This show shows us the struggles, the emotions, and all the lifelong lessons as the avatar seeks to fulfill his destiny. I think that we can all learn a little bit from the avatar. We can learn to love, learn to keep hope, and learn that effort is already winning if we never give up. I love this show for everything that it is and everything that it's not. It shows us how important friendship and family is, and that it's okay to be scared, because when we are scared, this means that we still have something to lose. I recommend the avatar highly to anyone in need of a little entertainment and a lot of fun. Though this show is animated, it's real and may represent the world much better than what we know it to be. Avatar: The Last Airbender is not just a show, it's a reminder showing us that in the end, we are all humans, and we can reach much deeper than we know, waters just run deep.