Zoey 101 | Teen Ink

Zoey 101

By TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida

"I feel that a hero is somebody who will stand up for their values and what they believe in and that can take any form. People that have values and have thought them through rather than those who just do what they’re told."-Skandar Keynes

"When it’

PCA (Pacific Coast Academy), since it's opening, has been a boarding school for boys; this year, though, they are for the first time allowing girls. Things are going to be changing around here...

Zoey, Nicole, Dana and Quinn are just four of the many new students attending the newly opened PCA, boys and girls boarding school, and they have to work to prove themselves equal with their male classmates. While some, like Chase and Micheal, have accepted their new classmates with open arms, others, namely Logan, are more hesitant, wishing for the school to return to the norm ("All about the guys"). From making the boy's basketball team, to decorating a urinal like a fountain, these girls, with Zoey as their leader, are setting trends and making waves.

The plot is far from unique, but the slew of unique and crazy characters makes it a hit. From Quinn, the school weirdo or Logan, the rich snob, to Nicole, the boy-crazy freshman or Lola, a method actress, anyone can find a character to identify with or possibly, a character you love to hate and hate to love. This is one of my favorite series; each episode is filled with comedy, teen drama (clean, teen drama, mind you) and a slight case of romance. The series is filled to the gill with good morals and life lessons, but the crazy antics will be what has you coming back for more.

While Jamie Lynn Spears' (Zoey) acting is less than believable, her co-stars make up for her lack of acting chops. All in all, the series is given five stars from me and hopefully five stars from the many other watchers.

"Zoey 101" is currently airing on TeeNick.

Zoey Brooks-Jamie Lynn Spears
Dustin Brooks-Paul Butcher
Chase Matthews-Sean Flynn
Nicole Bristow-Alexa Nikolas (season 1-2)
Dana Cruz-Kristin Herrera (season 1)
Micheal Berrett-Christopher Massey
Logan Reese-Matthew Underwood
Quinn Pensky-Erin Sanders
Lola Martinez-Victoria Justice (season 2-4)
James Garrett-Austin Butler (season 4)

*Jamie Lynn Spears is the younger sister of Brittney Spears.