America's Next Top Model | Teen Ink

America's Next Top Model

By vanessasandra GOLD, Bandung, Other
vanessasandra GOLD, Bandung, Other

Life isn't about how to survive the storm but how to dance in the rain.

I slept in castles and fell in love because I was taught to dream. ♥

“Want to be on top?” America’s Next Top Model (ANTM), started by model/celebrity Tyra Banks herself, is a competition where girls have a chance to follow their dreams of becoming a model. Throughout the competition, the girls have photo shoots and challenges to determine who will stay another week longer, and which girl’s dreams of becoming America’s Next Top Model ends. Each week the photo shoots are always different; one week they could be shooting in a barren desert, another week they could be shooting underwater with hundreds of fish. This is a lot of pressure on each of the girls because for many, this could be their big break that would get them in a good place in the modeling industry. The winner of the competition gets a contract with IMG Modeling Agency, a contract with Cover Girl, and will have the amazing opportunity to be on the very pages of Vogue Italia. To add to the pressure, the drama between the girls at home is immense; tension grows in the house as each weeks pass and as fewer girls are left. You will be intrigued by the fashion tips, amazing make up, and fabulous outfits the show has to offer. Not only will this show entertain you, but it will also inspire you to embrace your look and how unique it is. Some girls in the competition, like cycle 15’s winner Ann Ward, are very different and you could also say, awkward. The competition embraced the awkwardness of her look and she ended up winning. You, again specifically talking to the female watchers, will enjoy ANTM; full of fashion, glamour, beauty, and drama.

Rsnail-925 PLATINUM, Boulder, Colorado

A story has as many versions as it has readers - Winter Of Our Discontent

I have recently watched season 20 and 21 (I think, can't remember) and this is my honest opinion but some of the judges were coming off as homophobic to a contestant. Again this is just my personal opinion and everyone can have their own but from that experience watching it, I don't enjoy it as much.
But that is beside the point.... I think you did a great job writing your review so good work.

CassandraD BRONZE, San Jose, California

"Living is a book you can't close. Until your Days are over and the last lines of your story are THE END..."
- written by me.

I used to love watching ANTM, but over the years I found Tyra Banks a bit hypocritical. Her Tyra Banks show always influenced people to love their bodies. What I did notice was that girls who want to be part of the series they have to meet with certain requirements. I'm not blaming the media for anything; however, as some of us do know, young girls are driven by little things like this show. "It's perfection, or imperfection." 

VickyNickyKitty SILVER, Lincolnton, North Carolina

Praise him with the tambourine and dancing; praise him with strings and flutes!
-Psalm 150:4

I really love this show.(-:  Great job!

TheWritingArtist PLATINUM, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Well I love ANTM! I don't really watch it season by season, but when there's a marathon on I will watch it for hours! Your article exhibits the show perfectly! 

tsl2013 BRONZE said...
tsl2013 BRONZE, Breakfast, Iowa
Post a lot of comments and participate in the forums. Posting your own work helps too

KatsK DIAMOND said...
KatsK DIAMOND, Saint Paul, Minnesota

Being inexhaustible, life and nature are a constant stimulus for a creative mind.
~Hans Hofmann
You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
~Ray Bradbury

Good article. I must say, I'm not a follower, but to me it seems rather barbaric, as it seems to contain a lot of catfights and girls being pressured to be perfect and pretty and thin and being judged. To each his own, though.

DarkIsThyThought BRONZE, Shishpipkabibble, Pennsylvania

I think I know enough of hate- to say that for destruction ice- is also great- and would suffice.

I am a closet ANTM fan, and I really enjoy the show. I only wish you could have stated some more facts...like how most have eating disorders, will starve them selves for days, and often do very disgusting and unprofessional things with employers to get the job. Just being honest

vanessasandra GOLD, Bandung, Other

Thank you! Yay! :) I'm glad you're enjoying the new season :-)

CrazyCow830 said...
This was really great! ^^ I'm watching the new season now and I'm loving the show! ^^

vanessasandra GOLD, Bandung, Other

And I am super stoked for the new season to air too :-) even though I've already watched it online..:p

vanessasandra GOLD, Bandung, Other

Thanks tips! I would have included the channels and show times but I lie in Asia and the new episodes of the show is not premiering here yet... :-)

Tuaglab8 said...
Great review! :D I'm really excited for the new season to come out!

lovelymoon SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
I thought that this was exceptionally well-written and has a great description of this show. The only small thing that I would recommend for your great review is to add the show times of ANTM and the channel. :D

Haiagaivg785 said...
I love this so much! Good job!

jolly2398 said...
This was really good! Great job! How do you become VIP by the way? 

This could have been more flowy, as in, it could have been smoother. Try to work on that. Good job, get better!

ajossi399 said...
I really like this! Could have been more detailed and you could have included more interesting things that happened in the show- like traveling, for instance. But, this was really good. Keep writing!!

vanessasandra GOLD, Bandung, Other

And yes, I agree. I should have built up the following sentences from the first quote I gave. Thx tips.

vanessasandra GOLD, Bandung, Other

And thank you for the tips! I really appreciate it and I will use them to get better! 

vanessasandra GOLD, Bandung, Other

Thank you! I am glad you guys liked it :)