Trying to keep up with the kardashians | Teen Ink

Trying to keep up with the kardashians

November 30, 2011
By XpaintmeablueskyX BRONZE, Cherry Hill, New Jersey
XpaintmeablueskyX BRONZE, Cherry Hill, New Jersey
2 articles 0 photos 9 comments

Favorite Quote:
"be who you are not who others want to see"


We all know the Kardashians of course. There’s Kourtney, Khloe, Kim, Rob, Kendall and Kylie. I guess you could say they are the modern day Brady bunch. The step father to Kourtney Khloe, Kim and Rob is gold medal Olympiad, Bruce Gener. Kourtney had son, Mason Dash disick with boyfriend Scott Disick; and Khloe is married to basketball player Lamar Odem. While Kendall and Kylie are too young to get married, just over the summer Kim got married to basketball player Kris Humphries. Although Kris did play basketball he was not yet signed to his league; therefore leaving him with no job. Many people think Kris was using Kim for publicity and more fame for his job, but Kim didn’t feel the same way. Kim said she wanted a fairytale wedding, and that she got! Between the three of her dresses plus her bridesmaid’s dresses was around $135,000-$150,000! And that is just the dresses alone. Now, I know when you’re a kid you always pictured how your wedding would be, who you would marry and what your dress will look like, but when you’re a kid you don’t think about the cost. Kim Kardashian spent 20 million dollars on her wedding. That’s a little pricey if you ask me. After 3 months of being married her and her basketball hunk split up. What a waste of 20 million!
The average cost of a wedding is 26,000. But 20 million?! You could buy a beach house in California for that price, or better yet, she could have donated most of that money to a charity. Instead it was wasted on a marriage that lasted 3 months in arguing. Apparently the rumors were true, Kris Humphries was using Kim’s money for his own publicity. He said things like “It’s me or your family” and knowing the Kardashians they will always pick family over boys. No matter how good looking. Earlier on in the show Kim’s mom Kris Gener has said “I’ve never seen kim so happy with anyone and to know that he makes her happy warms my heart, it really does” Although Kris Gener (Mrs Kardashian) is the mother she can be controlling at times, Kris Humphries has mentioned “ Kris can be a little annoying at times, controlling yes but she is the mother and I have to respect her wishes”.
Meanwhile Kourtney Kardashian is pregnant with another baby! Khloe and Lamar are still together, You can find Rob Kardashian on Dancing with the stars. Kendall takes after big sister Kim and has a modeling career and she is only 15 years old. Kylie models too but not as much. Although most people don’t believe in reality television shows I think this one actually has a point. Unlike Jersey Shore. Kardashian’s teaches the younger generation that family is key, if you have family than you have everything going for you and you should always chose family first. Although they fight, every family fights but it’s important to move on and be strong. And a little reminder, it’s not all about the material things. Even Kim thinks so!
“I am forgetting what all of this is supposed to be about, I feel bad that everything has to be all about material”