The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air | Teen Ink

The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to have rich relatives? Well Will Smith in the show the “Fresh Prince of Bel-Air” gets to live with his rich relatives in Bel-air, his uncle Phil and his aunt Vivian. This hilarious sitcom airs at 8:00-10:00 and is on a good chunk of the night on nick @ night. The show the “fresh prince of Bel-Air” is a good show and well worth your time because the plot is serious yet funny, the characters play of each other well, and the character are believable.

In the “Fresh Prince of Bel-Air” there is a serious and funny plot. Once in an episode there are a couple of girls who are against Will for his past “relationships” and one goes so far as too pretend to like him and take him to a cabin and tie him up. This is funny yet serious because it could be a real problem but it’s funny because they tricked him. The setting with Uncle Phil and Aunt Vivian’s home is fun to watch because there are almost no limits to money so anything can happen. These two elements make the show fun and great to watch.

The characters are great and they play off each other well. Such as in many episodes Will and Carlton will argue and they just keep coming back at each other in equal insults, although Will mostly wins with making fun of Carlton for being short. In one episode Will and Carlton discover that Ashley, Carlton’s younger sister is having a mature relationship with a boy. In the episode Carlton is freaking out and saying all these things and will is trying to calm him down but also making fun of him at the same time. But, in the same instance they work together when the boy comes to the house when they interrogate him they ask him questions and pressure him into saying something. This also sends a message to teens who are thinking about doing this; it lets them know that you shouldn’t rush relationships.

Will smith is a great and believable character along with the other cast on the show the “Fresh Prince of Bel-Air”. In one emotional episode Will’s father who abandoned him when he was a boy visits him, then just when will was going to spend time with him he abandons him and later he cries as Uncle Phil hugs him. This episode just shows how realistic the characters are and how emotional they can be. The writers on the show work to create funny and hilarious comebacks between will and Carlton these can be great and funny and it shows a good sense of writing.

This show is not only funny but insightful as well as it can teach you important things. The fresh prince is a great show for its serious but funny plot, its characters that are great at playing off of each other, and the believable and emotional cast. This show is hilarious and emotional and makes you feel like you know the characters. It can be insightful and can actually teach you something.