8 Simple Rules | Teen Ink

8 Simple Rules

November 26, 2007
By Anonymous

Have you ever wanted to find the perfect sitcom? Surprise! It’s 8 Simple Rules on abcfamily at 6:00pm, every weekday. This exciting sitcom takes place in Detroit, Michigan at the high school or at the Hennessy household. Basicly, the rules are simple…
1.
You use your hands on my daughter and you’ll lose them after.
2.
You make her cry, I make you cry.
3.
Break her heart and I’ll break your neck.
4.
Bring her home late, there is no next date.
5.
Only delivery men honk. Dates ring the doorbell. Once.
6.
No complaining while you are waiting for her. If you are bored, change my oil.
7.
If your pants hang off your hips I will gladly secure them with a staple gun.
8.
Dates must be in crowded public places. You want romance? Read a book.
Eight Simple Rules is worth watching because the storyline is funny, the characters are great, and the writing is incredible.

This show has one of the best plots I have ever come across. It is interesting, lovable, humorous, unique and it will keep you wanting more! The episode storylines are extremely original. In one particular showing Kerry and Rory steal the rival high schools team mascot, a goat. You follow the whole process of Kerry trying to convince everyone that she is not a goody-two-shoe.

Eight Simple rules has six main characters. Cate Hennessy, the mom ( Katey Sagal) is laid back, relaxed and is a nurse for the school where her children attend. Bridget (Kaley Cuoco) is 16 years old, the oldest sibling. She is gorgeous, preppy and popular. Kerry (Amy Davidson) is 15. Kerry and Bridget could not be more opposite, Kerry is smart, she loves school and is a teacher’s pet. Bridget is nothing at all like her younger sister. Brother, Rory (Martin Spanjers) is 13 and he is a small, dorky freshman. C.J. (David Spade) is the family’s lazy uncle who lives in their basement and Jim Hennessy (James Garner) is their grandfather who is an old, judging grouch.

The writing is hilarious! In an episode, Grandpa/ Jim takes a whiff of the air and comments, “Ew. Something smells horrid! C.J. are you here?” The entire sitcom represents and ideal family having fun, and also having little arguments as well as complications that every family must experience.

Exploding with an interesting plot, exciting characters, and excellent writing, Eight Simple Rules is the perfect sitcom. Watch only one episode and you will be completely hooked! Remember to flip on your TV at 6:00pm to abcfamily and experience the greatest show that will have you laughing in no time at all!