Code Lyoko | Teen Ink

Code Lyoko

February 16, 2009
By Angela Mendoza BRONZE, Las Vegas, Nevada
Angela Mendoza BRONZE, Las Vegas, Nevada
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Code Lyoko is an animated French cartoon that also plays in the U.S. It made it's very first debut in the U.S on April 18, 2004 on Cartoon Network, but was last seen on Cartoon Network in November 17th, 2007.

This is my review of Code Lyoko.

Animation- The animation seems to be highly influenced by Anime, but the character design is far from Anime. The most noticable key item of the animation in Code Lyoko is the character with overlarged foreheads. In my opinion, I beleive that I do enjoy the character design. It is unique and is nothing like we've seen before. The show is both animated in 2D and 3D animation.

Story Line- The story line is very easy to follow. Five kids are transfered to the virtual world of Lyoko in order to save Earth. There is more to the story line, but for the teens who haven't watched this show before, I don't want to spoil any of it.

Sound- The voice acting is highly tolerable. It's not the greatest, but it's better than most. The backround music is very well scored and adds to the tone of the scenario that is happening in the cartoon. The theme song is very catchy as well.

All in all, Code Lyoko is a great cartoon that should be given a chance by everyone. It's not the best, but it's not the worst.

I say Code Lyoko gets a 4/5.

It does not play on TV in the U.S no longer, but a large amount of episodes can be found on YouTube.

The author's comments:
A review of one of my favorite cartoons.