The evolution of 2k16-20 | Teen Ink

The evolution of 2k16-20

January 28, 2022
By Jtwizzle_223 BRONZE, Springfield, Ohio
Jtwizzle_223 BRONZE, Springfield, Ohio
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The evolution on 2k and some players 2k16-2K20


So in this essay I will talk about 2k 16,17,and 18.  2K is an American video game publisher based in Novato, California. 2K was founded under Take-Two Interactive in January 2005 through the 2K Games and 2K Sports labels, following Take-Two Interactive's acquisition of Visual Concepts that same month. Originally based in New York City, it moved to Novato in 2007. The game includes classic teams.. I will be talking about the game changes as a whole and changes to different players. The players I will talk about are Lebron James,Stephen Curry, Kevin derant,Kobe Bryant. The reason for these players is that they are my favorite to watch.

NBA 2K16

So first I will talk about 2k 16 then my choice of players in the game. 2k 16 in my opinion is the best 2k ever made. I love the old look and the courts. And the classic teams like the bulls with jordan and scottie pippen. Great combo also worked well together. Also fun fact scottie pippen made 15 million more than michael jordan did with their career salary.


LeBron James, 94 overall rating.he was on the Cleveland Cavaliers.he has 36,138 career points currently. He's the best small forward in the NBA possibly of all time and in my opinion he's still the best player in the league, despite his not winning the MVP award in 2016. James has just one rating across the board that's less than 50. That's his 36 in offensive rebounding. It's understandable, because his 0.7 % offensive rebounds per game were the lowest total he's ever made in his career.He also failed to shoot 50 aAAApercent from the field for the first time since 2008-09. Even with all said, he still has a rating of 95 or above in seven different categories. Basically saying  he has not reached his peak in 2k 16.

 

The next person I will talk about is Stephen Curry. He is normally a wide ranged shooter. To this day 1/6/22 he has made 3,012 career 3 pointers also leading in the most 3 pointers made in nba history.Usually the reigning MVP should always be the best player at his position, which holds true for the Golden State Warriors' Stephen Curry. He's rated a 93 overall, and as you might have guessed, his shooting ratings are crazy!!Curry has a 95 in standing and moving three-point shooting. That makes him the best three-point shooter in NBA 2K16—nevermind  of era..

The next player I will talk about is Kevin durant. Kevin Durant is only the fifth best player in the entire game.He was also alongside curry with the Golden State Warriors. He has 24,812 career points currently. In  2k16  Durant was ranked behind LeBron James, Stephen Curry, Anthony Davis, and James Harden. Which was a big shock. He was a  KID and hit the 97 mark and his position was a small forward for Golden State, same Warriors. As i said he was a small forward and so was lebron,but lebron was ranked better than him a Lot of controversy was created by fans for that.

Koby brant was a small forward like Lebron but had a rating of 85 that was the lowest rating Bryant has ever received from any of the NBA 2k games. He was still on the lakers. He was more of a in the paint player but also had range with his 1,827 3 point shots he has made in his career and 33,643 career points.

 

NBA 2k17
  Moving on to 2k 17 In past "2K" titles there have been ratings categories for "Moving" and "Standing" shots. Now, though, there are attributes that  start  "Open" and being "Contested" to go along with one for taking "Off-Dribble" shots. That helps in differentiating the skills of shooters in a way that wasn't possible in the past shot percentages also appear to be higher across the board either as a way of making the series feel a little more accessible or to better reflect the skills of today's NBA. A new shot meter is one of the few changes meaning that old players will have to adjust on the court. Instead of releasing ideally at the center point of the meter, now the goal is to do so when the meter is completely filled. So there are some pretty big changes to the game overall that have changed the game forever.


Starting off with lebron, LeBron James began last year as the highest rated player with NBA 2K16. He is on the cavs same as last year. By the end of the season though James recaptured the crown in winning NBA Finals MVP and once again could be labeled as the best player in the world. With NBA 2K17 LeBron James again begins the season as the top rated player with a rating of 96!!


Next stephen curry was ranked an overall 94 in this 2k.This is after his unanimous MVP selection and poor NBA Finals. So nothing has changed after one season.

Once again the “G.O.A.T” from the 3 point line his position in this game is a point guard/shooting guard. Still with the golden state warriors.

 

Now we will talk about kevin durant in 2k 17 he makes his debut joining the golden state warriors with curry and more. Before 2k 17 came out there was a leaked screenshot of him wearing a warriors jersey on. This brought a lot of interest about the player moving from the Oklahoma city Thunder to the Golden State warriors. Turns out he soon signed to the warriors. In this game he is rated 93 lower than last year still a forward.


Kevin Durant remains on the Warriors and has a 97 ranking overall.He remains to be a in the paint player and is very versatile weht it comes to shooting he changes it up. He has benn an okay player his whole career.  Still a forward. Kd doesn't change much in the 2k games as u have read so far.

 

Now onto Kobe in this game he was not in because he retired from the nba. With that happening he was on the special version of 2k17. And he stayed loyal to the Lakers and was with them his whole NBA career. Later on Kobe was in a helicopter accident and died on January 26, 2020. I will no longer have a section on Kobe for the next remaining 2k games we will talk about.


   NBA 2k18

NBA 2k18 was considered the worst 2k made in 2k history. The MyPark game mode had servers filled with lag and latency issues, and other general glitches. The series is starting to stagnate due to being the main go-to game for basketball gameplay, with repeated animations and few new features being added

 

Lebron in 2k18 was rated a 97, one point better than last year. The problem is that a lot of people think in this game he's not as good as he was previously but has a better rating. He is still a very in the paint player but also has a little more range than usual. Remaining on the Cleveland cavaliers. ( info from en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_2K18)


Now onto Curry in this game he is rated a 96. Still going crazy from the 3 point line at this time his shooting percentage from the 3 point line is .423 so very good. Still not better than lebron may i add. Still with the golden state warriors. 


Next to Kevin Durant in 2k18 he was the second highest rated player in the game coming in with a 97 rating. He remains on the Golden State warriors. In this game there was a widely known glitch that the 2k community found out. To further explain this glitch, if you were to play with the Warriors against the Oklahoma city thunders iif the thunders won kd for sum reason would celebrate with them as if he was on their team. So that was kinda crazy but later down the line the glitch was fixed.

 NBA 2k19


2k 19 was a big change and many not for the best. Many critics praised the overall presentation and gameplay, as well as the large amount of content, the new features, and the developers' ability to still introduce positive changes after many previous installments. However, some critics still experienced online technical issues, while others heavily criticized the MyCareer mode for being far too restrictive. Some critics also felt that changing the controls was unnecessary and criticized the lack of tutorials. Many players had to basically start from the beginning and get a feel for the game again.


Starting with lebron in 2k19 he was put on the cover on the front of the game for the second time of his career with also being on the cover of 2k14. This was a big accomplishment not only being on the cover but to be on the cover of 2k19 which came out on the 20th anniversary of the game 2k. Kinda crazy considering he played the 2k games as a kid and still does to this day. In 2k 19 lebron was rated a 98 very good 2 more points than last year. He is still on the lakers which has not changed so far he is still mainly a small forward and sometimes a point guard.(information from nba.com/news/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers-chosen-cover-athlete-nba-2k19)


Now Stephen Curry In 2k19 he remains on the Warriors and still going quote on quote from eriler “crazy from the 2 point line”. In this game he is rated 97, the same as last year. Still rated the best on the warriors.  Still in the point guard position.


In 2k 19 kevin durant was rated a 97. He still remains on the Warriors with Stephen curry. Not too much to be said he really hasn't changed much over time. Just doing his thing.

                                                        

                                                           NBA 2k20

The game made improvements to the Motion Engine and has an all-new story mode starring Idris Elba and Rosario Dawson. Nothing really revolutionary about the game. Graphis are really good, no pixels. But it could be more realistic looking. 


In 2k20 lebron is ranked a 96 overall still rocking with the lakers, and he still is a very aggressive player mostly inside the 3 point line. One thing that I notice is that his ratings vary and I think this is because he tried different things to see if he can become better. He never sticks to playing one way he likes to get better and better no matter if he is on top or not. (some info from 2kratings.com/lebron-james)

Now ont to Stephen curry still on the warriors he is ranked a 95 over all behind lebron, still a lot of controversy bc lebron beat himBut i feel like that will go on for ever because they are both good in there ways lebron is amazing in the paint curry is great at the 3 point line.

 

Keven Durant in 2k 20 was rated a 95 better the same as Curry which was surprising.He finally started to get better and making more scoring passing plays and not to mention getting a good amount of points himself. Still on the warriors also he has some okay shoes.

 


THE END


The author's comments:

Im a 16 year old sophmore at shawnee high school.This was w writing project its about the changes of 2k through time and the changes to a seclet few players i enjoy playing with.