Minecraft | Teen Ink

Minecraft

February 24, 2022
By Logan_cf2025 SILVER, Stanton, Minnesota
Logan_cf2025 SILVER, Stanton, Minnesota
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

When I was 5 years old me and my sister just found this new mobile game called “Minecraft”. I was only 5 so I didn’t have a phone or anything, but my sister had an ipod. I had to beg my mom to get it on her phone, so we both could play. After weeks of begging she eventually got it for me. My sister and I ended up spending hours on it. It had no limits, we could build and do whatever we wanted to. We made a world together and built giant towers and caves. There are only a few limits and they were time, imagination, and what I could build with cubes. Everything in “Minecraft” is a square. The animals, plants and even the water stops in a straight line. It's a very simple but fun game. That's why I think “Minecraft” is such a great game. So I am going to go over its graphics, its smoothness, and online play.


 First I am going to go over “Minecraft's” graphics. Everything in “Minecraft” is made of visible cubes or squares. It is a very simple looking game, but over the last few years they have really stepped up the detail. Smaller squares making it more detailed. They also changed a lot of the colors, so everything is a little more vibrant. The players can also add things to the game to make it look different. For example, people can download texture packs that make things more detailed and look smoother. There are also things called shaders which will add even smoother textures, but the main focus of shaders is usually the sky and water to make it look more realistic. But having a game that looks good doesn't mean anything if the game control is really bad.


Secondly I am going to go over game control. Which just means how well is the running, jumping, breaking, and placing. So with the running The player can customize what it does, down to what key pressed to run and how it affects their screen. So when a player runs, to make it more realistic there is a setting called view bobbing. Now say They don't like the look of it they can turn it off and just run smoothly. Now jumping there isn't as much customisation. The player can still change the key pressed and can turn on a setting to make them auto jump whenever they need too. The breaking key can also be changed. The thing that they are breaking also gets a pattern on it to tell how close they are to breaking it. With placing there really isn't any customization other than the key. Being able to customize the controls really helps when they want to play online.


 Thirdly I'm going to go over some of the online play. Now to play online they need an internet connection and the ip to a server they want to play. To find servers they can just google a type of server they want and it will come up with a list of the top played servers like that.  They can also find them on social media apps from creators that run or just play on the server. There are thousands of servers if not more; Ranging from normal just solo play with other people to a build battle where both people just try and make something better than the other person. So online play could keep me entertained for years if I really want to. Just because of the amount of servers there is to play with so many different play styles. I can really do whatever I want too. I can build, Survive a zombie apocalypse, fight other players, or just play normal old “Minecraft” with other people.