Fortnite Honest Review | Teen Ink

Fortnite Honest Review

May 23, 2022
By 3johnsonl SILVER, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
3johnsonl SILVER, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

 The year was 2017 and I had just gotten home from my last day of school before winter break. Earlier that day my friends had alerted me that there was this next “huge” game that you can play together and that it was a blast. Little did I know that that game would forever change my life and the relationships I would soon create and the memories that I will forever cherish in my childhood days.


    Fortnite, a game nominated for Best Community Support & Best Ongoing Game by the Game Awards(2021), has a completely unique gameplay and was the Kickstarter of a brand new genre of game styles called a battle royale. In contrast to the normal set ideals of FPS names like Call of Duty, Overwatch, where players are conscious of each game and can prepare for the adventure they have, Fortnite creates an experience where each game is always different. 


At the start of every game you are dropped in a game with nothing to your name, you scavenge across the map and fight other players whilst the “zone” around the map condenses and forces players to be closer and closer. The main goal of the game is to be the last man standing. Just like in similar Genres like the series Hunger Games, games can be played in Solo, Duo, trios and squads. This once again creates an infinite possible scenario and the only limitation is yourself, which is why the success of the title has only gone up since its release almost 5 years ago.


 Although a shorter review, Fortnite isn't a game where it has set rules and morals, forcing the player to go in a narrow window of opportunity, It has the most creative and expanded playstyle which attracts everyone from the younger generations to older and more competitive standpoints. The idea that every game is completely different is what stands out about it,