Fallout: New Vegas on Xbox/PS3 | Teen Ink

Fallout: New Vegas on Xbox/PS3

May 14, 2013
By Hunter Reinardy SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
Hunter Reinardy SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Fallout: New Vegas


“Truth is... the game was rigged from the start.” Then a flash from Benny’s 9mm pistol, Maria, lights up the screen. When you wake up you are in a bed next to Doc Mitchell. The bullet to the head was the start of it all. Fallout New Vegas has a great story line and has pretty basic controls. Other games can not compare to this RPG.

In Fallout games, war never changes. Characters will always try to kill each other and you will never escape the wasteland. As your character travels the Mojave Wasteland, you are trying to find the man who killed you, but that just half the story. You find out there is a war between the Legion and the NCR; New California Republic. You must watch your fraction with everyone or you might end up on someones hit list. Although the quality of the of the graphics could be debatable, Fallout is a great free-roaming game placed in a wasteland of 2277. After a war with China the whole world was engulfed in nuclear fire.

Controls for Fallout New Vegas are your basic controls for any game. LT, aim; RT, shoot; Y, jump; X, reload; A, action button; and analog sticks move and look around. But when it comes to the B button, there is something different. The Pip-boy. The Pip-boy is a device your character wears on their wrist. It has maps and keeps track of your inventory. The device makes your character unique in the world of fallout.

Before Fallout New Vegas there was Fallout 3. Bethesda, the creators of Fallout, took a new turn in Fallout New Vegas. Fallout 3 was set in Washington D.C. and everything was destroyed; buildings crumpled, bridges collapsed, and there was rarely anyone walking around. Fallout New Vegas, however, is placed in Vegas with all of its lights and guests walking around. There are multiple towns and bases outside of Vegas plus two powerful armies taking control of different areas. Vegas has been rebuilt and is thriving with life. New Vegas and Black Ops2 are much more different from each other. I have played both and I can honestly say that Fallout New Vegas will be more satisfying in the long run. You can always finds something new in the world of Fallout.

Fallout New Vegas might not have a fast pace feel to it but it has a great story line and basic controls. Weather you are exploring new things or killing a radscorpion, remember, war never changes, so when you wake up from your grave, be ready to get dirty.

By: Hunter Reinardy