Banjo-Kazooie on N64 | Teen Ink

Banjo-Kazooie on N64

December 10, 2013
By ChandaMan GOLD, Grandview, Texas
ChandaMan GOLD, Grandview, Texas
13 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Banjo-Kazooie is one of the best N64 games there is. Starring a bear and bird it comes off as a bit childish. And the story only adds to it being that way since you must rescue Banjo's sister, Tooty, from the evil witch Gruntilda. But, you may be suprised to learn that it's not as childish as you think.
Armed with your backpack, with your sidekick Kazooie inside, you head off to Gruntilda's lair located on Spiral Mountain. The lair is the hub world of the game, for those of you who don't know what a hub world is its basically a giant area that houses multiple worlds throughout the game. Such as Mumbo's Mountain, Treasure Trove Cove, and the famous Click Clock Woods. You must travel to each of these worlds to gather the items you need to continue to getting your sister.
This game definitely tests your gaming ability and in actuality is quite difficult. It is filled with great characters and alot of humor though as it made me laugh on multiple occasions.
It has a vast amount of collectables such as puzzle pieces (Jiggys,) music notes, Jinjos (characters you save in the game,) honey comb pieces (to fill your health bar,) and cheats. Yes you read correctly, cheats. If you can find all three then your practically unstoppable!
And, lets not forget the stop n' swap items. Items that you can collect in the game that were meant to go with the sequel via stop n' swap. A glitch in the original N64s where you could remove the current game cartridge you were playing and swap it out with a different game storing data from the previous game into the N64.
Rare Ware (the company responsible for Banjo,) were going to use this to their advantage. However Nintendo was aware of the glitch and removed it in the newer versions of the N64. So the idea was scrapped and nobody knows what the items were supposed to do. Stop n' swap still remains video gaming's greatest mystery as it is still unsolved.
All collectables are worth getting in the game though as they unlock prizes, except stop n' swap of course. I personally have collected all items and have beaten the game, it wasn't easy but I managed.
So if you have an N64 and don't have this game then get your hands on a copy, its worth it. And if you don't have a N64, then this game is a good reason to get one.