Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock | Teen Ink

Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock

February 6, 2009
By HarleyBoy SILVER, Wells, Maine
HarleyBoy SILVER, Wells, Maine
7 articles 6 photos 0 comments

Guitar Hero Three was undoubtedly one of the most popular video games of 2008. Its fast-paced, high intensity, and extreme addiction make it a favorite for kids and teens of all ages. Guitar Hero basically just boils down to hitting the notes as they pass by the bar. The songs of Guitar Hero Three include Slow Ride, Welcome to the Jungle, Schools Out, Rock and Roll All Night, Rock You Like a Hurricane, and many more. The game also features popular bands like AeroSmith and the Rolling Stones. This unique video game also includes the very famous song "Through the Fire and Flames" by DragonForce. This song was made very popular with the teenage crowd and it is the one that everyone wants to test their skills at. In this game you can play against others on X-Box Live and other internet connected systems. You also have the option of co-op where you can play against relatives, family, and friends if you have two controllers. If you buy the complete package of Guitar Hero Three: Legends of Rock, you will receive a small plastic guitar along with the game. This guitar consists of five different colored buttons, green, red, yellow, blue, and orange. When the notes appear on the screen they will appear a certain color, if it is red, you will hit the red button and the strum bar at the same time. The strum bar is the black, plastic button at the middle of the guitar that you must strum as you hit each note. The only other button on the guitar is the whammy bar, which you hit in guitar battles. It is very self explanatory. This game may sound a little complex, but it is quite easy to get the hang of. If you are playing for awhile and you find you aren't getting the hang of it, visit the practice area. You can practice any song at any speed and it is a great feature especially for beginners. This is a great video game and I guarantee you will have a great time rocking out with friends or family!


The author's comments:
I am the editor of my school newspaper and have been an amateur writer for several years.