Halo Wars | Teen Ink

Halo Wars

March 18, 2009
By Ali Sadiq BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado
Ali Sadiq BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Halo Wars is a game that takes place 20 years before the Halo trilogy. If you're a Halo fan and you expect this game to be mindless button tapping like the other 3 games your wrong. This is the first strategy game developed of Bungie. When I first saw the trailers of the game I thought it would be just the game Star craft with better graphics. Until, Bungie released a demo over Xbox live, this was really hard to download because so many people were downloading it.

Halo Wars is an interesting game because it is the first strategy not on computer that is easy to play. Bungie does an amazing job making creative but easy controls. The games main point is building up an army to attack the enemy's army then take down there base. The game helps explain events in the Halo saga more thoroughly. The graphics and game play are just what you would expect from Bungie. Even after you beat the game the online multiplayer will keep you coming back.

Until now strategy games have been centered around the computer but Halo Wars allows you to have the computer experience without the computer. This game is very original no other game provides the perfect strategy experience on a controller. It's a very good game if you enjoy a slow paced game that requires lots of thinking and planning. I would recommend this game to any one who loves Halo or strategy games. If I could rate this game I would give an 8/10 because there are some parts of the game that I don't like.