Pace University | Teen Ink

Pace University

By bguzman921 BRONZE, BRONX, New York
bguzman921 BRONZE, BRONX, New York

All I have ever dreamed of is becoming a sophisticated, hard working business woman who owns a gorgeous apartment in downtown, New York or in the upper east side of Manhattan. As the end of senior year approached I began to lay out a plan on how I would achieve this goal. When I received my acceptance letter for Pace University I was filled with excitement because I would be studying in the heart of New York.

The moment I stepped through the doors of Pace University, I vowed to never settle for less by making high expectations, fulfilling obligations and expectations to my fullest potential, and never falling short on anything I take on. I learned that as a student, you do more than study and you are challenged to experience more than the work given to you in a classroom. Pace University offers many opportunities for advancement alongside a complementary, well rounded learning environment. Pace has over 70 clubs and organizations that are geared toward expanding community service, education, and fundraising for non- profit organizations. Greek life is amazing on campus because all Sororities and Fraternities work together to provide students with examples of leadership among the student body and accomplishments of excellence.

Since the first day I walked the halls of Pace University I have made it a point to use all extensive resources provided by the University. The CAP program has benefitted me greatly by providing fundamental skills which have helped me learn how to manage my time and prioritize my workload. My guidance counselor has provided me with priceless advice which has aided in shaping my foundation for academic success. The library gives students access to many research databases, research assistance and also helps students develop skills for discovering new information and solving problems. The writing center has become my new best friend and the computer lab has become one of my favorite associates. Printer? Who needs one when a student can print out 210 pages at the lab every week and is open to all students 24 hours a day.

As a freshman I had the advantage of living in Maria's Tower which is located inside the main building; this was great because I could show up to class in cozy pajamas on cold winter days. Whenever I was hungry or craved a snack Café 101 was just an elevator ride away. Most schools cannot brag about their food but Pace can because it has a diverse variety of food whether you are looking to eat healthy or chow down on a juicy burger.

I consider Pace University to be a valuable asset to all striving for a better education and a future with endless opportunities. Pace has become a place where I know my skills and qualifications for my future career will slowly unravel and will help me attain my goal.