The Adventures of Leo the Seal | Teen Ink

The Adventures of Leo the Seal

By QuinWolf BRONZE, Snohomish, Washington
QuinWolf BRONZE, Snohomish, Washington

Scene One

Narrator: “It was a cold snowy night in the Alaskan arctic. The S.S Malachite, an English seal hunting ship owned by General Bluewaters, was pulling in close to the shore of this icy land.”

(Ship horn blows) General Richard Bluewaters: “Finally, we have arrived. Now boys, unload the seal traps, we’re going hunting.” (two men on the ship unload metal cages full of fish and put them on the ice)

Narrator: “Meanwhile, north of the shore, a small seal named Leo is having an evening snack.” (We see Leo eating a fish in a small cave. Suddenly, his brother Roger rushes in)

Roger: “Leo, Leo!!!” (Roger says in a panic)

Leo: (Waits a second) “Oh hi Roger.” (Leo says in a calm and happy voice)

Roger: “Leo it’s an emergency, I just saw… wait, are you eating my fish?”

Leo: “Maybe.” (Leo says with mouth full, and then he swallows)

Roger: (Glares at Leo for a second) “Anyway, I just saw a big shiny thing in the water, and then I saw creatures come out of it. I think they’re called people.”

Leo: (Gasps) “Maybe they want to play!” (Leo says in an energetic voice while slapping his fins on his belly)

Roger: “Maybe they want to fight!” (Roger slaps his tail on the ground) “I have a feeling they aren’t here to play; I think they’re here to battle. As your big brother I won’t let them…” (Roger looks around, but Leo had left while he was talking) “Leo?” (Roger says in a puzzled tone) “Leo, wait for me!” (Roger chases after Leo)

Scene Two

Narrator: “Soon Roger catches up with Leo to find him watching the men.”

(Leo is hiding behind some rocks watching the two men set up the traps. Roger slides up quickly to Leo and hides with him)

Roger: “Leo, don’t go off like that. What if those creatures hurt you?”

Leo: “I don’t think they will. I mean look, they brought us fish.” (Leo points his fin at cage)

Roger: “I don’t know, why is the fish in that shiny box?”

Leo: “I’m going to get that fish, I’m hungry.” (Leo starts to go up to the cage)

Roger: “How can you be hungry? You already ATE MY FISH.” (Roger says “ate my fish” with anger in voice)

(Leo slides up to the cage and sniffs around)

Man 1: (Both men have a British accent) “Oi, look.” (Man 2 looks towards cage as Man 1 points at it) “That there seal is going to go in the cage.”

(Leo goes in the cage and it slams close)

Leo: “ROGER, ROGER, HEEEEELP!!!” (Leo says while he flops around in the cage)

Man 2: “Hey look, we caught it. Bluewaters is going to be happy.”

(Suddenly, Roger jumps in and smacks his tail as hard as he can on the cage. The cage’s door opens, and Leo escapes and slides away.)

Man 1: “Oi, that bloody seal let the other one out!”

Man 2: “Let’s get him!”

Narrator: “Little do the men know, Roger is stronger than he looks.”

(The two men run towards Roger and Roger starts smacking them with his tail and knocks them into the freezing water. Then he goes after Leo.)

(Roger catches up with Leo and they’re sliding on the ice together)

Roger: “Leo, you need to be more careful. Who knows what those things want?”

Narrator: “Have Leo and Roger escaped the evil seal hunters? Will General Bluewaters be enraged when he finds out his goons failed at catching the seals? Will Leo ever stop being hungry? Find out in the next exciting episode of the Adventures of Leo the Seal!”