The Girl in the Mist | Teen Ink

The Girl in the Mist

September 27, 2010
By -LeftBehindBroken- GOLD, Providence, South Carolina
-LeftBehindBroken- GOLD, Providence, South Carolina
16 articles 0 photos 73 comments

Favorite Quote:
Artists paint on canvas; Musicians paint on silence


She stood in the center of the fountain, letting the spouts of water run over her- throughout her. Without moving an inch. She couldnt surrender, and could not blink. Blue eyes, bright and unwavering. pitch black in the center and cold like a wolve's I watched her fearfully, yet unable to escape. Her icey stare captured my soul, and i stood, lurred by the unendeing drone of the water. she looked at me with what? was it understanding? no, she warned me. but it was too late because the being that had taken over her had taken me too. Sharply now the water blasted around her, and suddenly i was walking through it, unable to control my legs.
The water stung, more than I can describe, and worse than a thousand shorted out lightbulbs popping at once. My own hands, so familiar and so far away came before me, and motioned outward.. As they did so, the water ceased in their path, until all was silent and the maiden called to me.
There was no noise, only energy that was pulling me foward. my hair lay flat on my head and dripped water onto my face. But that was merely an unthinkable truth. I couldnt control myself. my eyes, my feet, nor my soul. this i knew, but could not come to say. for all i cound possibly do was watch. watch through those unblinkable, deadly eyes, as my body; my arm; held up a gyser of water and a silver sword conspiraled and formed itself from inside. it glistened in the moonlight, and then lunged toward the girl.


The author's comments:
this piece was written late at night and callll me crazy when you read it, but comment first!