Never Walk Alone | Teen Ink

Never Walk Alone

February 13, 2014
By LivyNewhall DIAMOND, Palm Coast, Florida
LivyNewhall DIAMOND, Palm Coast, Florida
69 articles 15 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Be the change that you want to see in the world" - Mahatma Gandhi


My dad and I had been fighting for days now. Not physically, just verbally. He didn't understand me, and he was always rude about everything. He started fighting with me as soon as I got home from school, so I decided to go for a walk. The were miles of woods behind my house, so that's where I went. My dad started calling after me, but I didn't listen. After a few minutes I heard him walk back into the house. My mom had past away a couple of years ago due to a brain tumor. My dad and I had never been so distant. He blamed my mothers death on me. I knew it wasn't possibly my fault, but he made it seem like it was. He would always tell me that I'm worthless, and that nobody cared about me. Walking in the woods was always so calming. I was never afraid, and everything was quiet.
I had been walking for about 10 minutes now. I had been hearing strange noises for a couple of minutes, but hadn't thought anything of it. The noise sounded like a bird, but it also sounded like someone crying. I got this sudden feeling like I should walk back home, but I didn't want to go back. I kept walking. Not paying attention to my footing; I tripped over a fallen tree. I smacked my head off of the ground and suddenly everything went black.

***
When I awoke I was on a mattress. I wouldn't have been alarmed if this mattress was mine, but I could tell that it wasn't. I rolled over to my side and saw a woman lying next to me. She turned towards me and I screamed. The woman's face was half gone! One side was bleeding; while the other was sewed together with different colors of skin. "What's wrong with you? What happened? Who are you?!" The woman didn't answer me, instead she opened her mouth and came towards me. I got up quickly and started running. I ended up smacking into someone. I looked up only to see a bird-man. He cawed at me, and grabbed me with his talons. I kicked and screamed only for him to dig his talons into my flesh. He slashed my face with his beak. I passed out from pain.
***
This time when I awoke I wasn't on a mattress. I was on the ground. The bird-man cawed at me. He picked me up again and threw me into a boulder. This time I wished that I had blacked out, but I didn't. The bird-man ran towards me and picked me up. I thought he was going to throw me again. Instead he kissed my forehead with his beak and started carrying me further into the woods. He carried me for over 5 minutes. He stopped at a giant hole in the ground that seemed to go down for miles. Looking away he threw me into the hole. I kept falling, and I don't know when I hit bottom. For all I know, I'm still falling today.