The Most Boring Day | Teen Ink

The Most Boring Day

By SkyWheeler BRONZE, Newell, South Dakota
SkyWheeler BRONZE, Newell, South Dakota

"There is only one color red, but a whole world of different shades." -Believe In Me(Movie)

Late September, my brothers and sisters are all in school, I am home sick with the flu, and my parents are away at doctor appointments. I sat alone in my room letting my mind wander to faraway places that my feet could never take me. Music plays softly in the back of my mind, and my foot taps away with the beat I imagine.
My imagination takes me out of my room in South Dakota and suddenly I am transported far away to South America and the tropical rain forests there. While in the rain forest I imagine that I am a huntress stalking my prey, which is a much larger meaner looking version of my tiny calico kitten who lays at the foot of my bed. As I am about to land my attack on the fierce kitten my mind takes me away to the Roman Coliseum where I watch in horror as a group of men in battle uniform with swords attack a group of men with only clubs to protect themselves.
I stand and run out of the Coliseum not being able to stand the sight of the slaughter and not understanding why anyone would want to watch that for sport. As I reach the exit I am once again taken away, this time I see before me a large desert and as I turn to look at my surroundings I find that I am in the shadows of one of the great Egyptian pyramids. I see a man, very clearly a Pharaoh. I find myself calling him Ramses as if I know him, and he holds my hand like a long lost love.
I blink and it is a different man holding my hand, and we are in a different place I recognize as Verona, Italy. He calls me Juliet and I from there I piece together that he is Romeo, and I am part of a tragic love story. He climbs down over my balcony and as I follow him to watch him descend my mind takes me to the Great Wall of China and I find myself looking down over the edge of it. I quickly back track not wanting to fall over the edge knowing how bad my fear of heights are.
I run up the slope trying to find a way off, and end up tripping and landing in a bunch of snow. As I stand I realize I am on a mountain climbing to the top, I believe it is Mount Everest, although I am not sure because I have not been here in real life. I slip and start to slide down and the scene changes to me flowing down a river. It is a dark gross brown and I see on one side hippos laying in the water and all around the rest of the shore I see snakes and alligators. In front of me I see a waterfall and I try to swim back up stream but the current is to strong and I end up falling over the edge.
As I fall over the water’s edge I wake with a start falling off my bed and end up scaring my cat so bad she runs out of my room. I am safe, I am home, and for once I’m glad today was just a boring day.