Rainy Days | Teen Ink

Rainy Days

March 2, 2019
By VRios1 BRONZE, Tampa, Florida
VRios1 BRONZE, Tampa, Florida
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Late night drives with the clouds crying over the aluminum crowds in the streets. The LED lights dictate the motion and behavior of the gas-gussling machines, some speed and others cruise along. The stars hidden behind a grey blanket and the moon is half asleep.

 


Its another day in the Sunshine State where I find myself staring out the passenger seat of the car. City lights are blurred by the water droplets racing down the window, one gains a push from another droplet and some connect together, then some slowly make their way down to the end of the window.

 


I remember the way she looked years ago, her vision was clouded, tears running down her eyes, nothing seemed to weather the storm. 

 


I remember the way my mother cried thunderstorms, every tear was another worry she had. Until this day she cries. 

 


I remember watching several cry because of battles they are going under, ive cried my own storms and gone through my own fights. 

 


How do I have faith in a God that brings storms? 

 


When theres rain, theres a washing, a process. Watering happens, refreshing and hydrating. Some of us endure drowning and some of us drown ourselves. Its what comes after the rain that makes it so beautiful. 

 


Not long after a storm comes a rainbow, an aura of colors that is never ending. Gods given phenomena, a sign or grace of mercy for the planet and the scenery that comes with it makes it that much greater. The soil soaks up the water, the sun assists in the excess water, children dance in the puddles. Grass grows and flowers sprout, the sun beams through an empty sky and the clouds occasionally come by. A new harvest comes in.

 


Its a process, weather takes its toll, we have our own battles. The clouds weep and we do as well, but theres always a God that shines brighter.

 


I look out the window, I see the clouds and rain. I dont make much of it because there is a light behind it, whether it be a faint moonlight or a star shining bright, I see the best yet to come.