Royal High (Elsa's POV): Part I | Teen Ink

Royal High (Elsa's POV): Part I

By Narniagirl4ever BRONZE, Bluffton, South Carolina
Narniagirl4ever BRONZE, Bluffton, South Carolina

"The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work."
- Anonymous

“Wake up, Elsa! The sky’s awake so I’m awake and you will be late for school!” I heard my younger sister said, throwing open my door. I moaned and turned over. Last night I had hosted a live session with my friends about what to wear to school the next morning.
Anna persisted “Elsa, Jane is going to try out with me for the party committee. Are you and Jack going to do the drama team again?”
I groaned; my sister seemed to have a spring to her step no matter what time of day it was. Sluggishly getting out of bed, I glanced at myself in the mirror. My platinum blonde hair still looked perfect but there was a trail of drool across my face. Anna jumped behind me, her orange pigtails flying out in all directions.
“Calm down, Anna. Now out of my room! I need to get ready!” I said, pushing my sister out of the room. Slamming the door, I opened the closet doors and surveyed my clothing.
Now what to wear I thought to myself. Grabbing a striped black and white hoodie, I pulled a pair of skinny white pants out. Dressing in them, I ran over to my bathroom. Squatting to reach eye level with my cabinet, I grabbed my toothbrush and toothpaste.
Once I had finished my morning routine of hygiene, I grabbed my pile of textbooks, phone, and backpack. Running down the stairs, I collided with my father Runred Winters who was sitting on the last step. He flew forward, his hand reaching out to balance himself.
“I am so sorry, Dad! I shouldn’t have been running. I wasn’t being careful! Sorry, sorry, sor-” I began, feeling my hands tingle. Quickly my father grabbed my hands and whispered “Let it go.”
I calmed down, feeling the anxiety recede in my chest. The tingling feeling went away. My father bent down from his height of 6’0 and kissed my cheek.
“Elsa, hurry. Mother sees Jack coming down the road” Anna yelled, dancing into the room. “I wish Jack was my special friend. He is so cool”
So where we are from, you are engaged at a young age. It’s kinda what we do. In America, my parents learned that wasn’t the case but by then Jack and I didn’t hate the idea so much. Not that I want to be married now but he’s not as immature as he was back in 2nd grade when we first met. Still, the rule was that we had to finish college before marriage and I was fine with that.
“Elsa, why are you still standing still? Jack isn’t riding his motorcycle. He has his car. I really don’t like Chevrolet Cameros.” Anna rambled on and on. That was one thing I wasn’t going to miss when I went to college. Quickly placing all my belongings in my ice blue backpack, I looked at my sister. The outfit looked strangely familiar.
“Anna, is that my outfit? Are you serious? Mom, she stole my clothes again” I yelled, touching the shirt. My mother gently steered me away from my sister and pushed me out of the door, stuffing some bills in my hands as she did it.
“Love you, my precious girl. I will deal with Anna. Remember this when you get to school: the past is in the past” she said before closing the door. Running to Jack’s car, I pulled open the door and jumped in.
“Morning, my Ice Queen! How was Anna this morning?” Jack inquired, his ice-white hair messily combed.

“Morning, Jack. You look like you just rolled out of bed. Now I need my Starbucks coffee. Oh, and we are picking up Mo (short for Moana) today. We need to be there at 2 pm so I can find my girls.” I listed, smiling wide at him.

“Yes, ma’am. Find the nearest Starbucks, Siri” Jack said, holding his home button on his phone.
“Nearest Starbucks, two minutes away” Siri answered, pulling up the directions.
I leaned the car seat back and plugged in my phone. It began to play 24/7 Meditation Music for the Mind and Soul that my classmate Pochantas had sent to me.
When we pulled up to the Starbucks, Jack asked me what I wanted. Softly speaking, I answered “ I want a coconut milk Cascara latte with Starbucks Blonde Espresso. Substitute coconut with 1% dairy milk, extra Casarca sugar, and the milk should be steamed. Can you add extra pumpkin spice topping, light whipped cream, pumpkin sauce, and 3 shots of Espresso? Also if it wouldn’t be too much trouble, can you take out the latte part?”
Jack rolled his eyes and replied “I will take a cappuccino. Thank you”
As we drove up to the next window, the girl at the cash register frowned at me. Taking the cash Jack offered her, she slammed the window shut.

“Elsa, seriously? Why would you get a latte if you don’t want the latte? Girls.” he muttered. Taking the drinks from a red-eyed girl art the next window, he sighed as I drank a sip of the drink and spit it out of the window. Taking another sip, I smiled; finally, I could taste the milk. Today was starting out alright besides the mishap with my dad. Jack, noticing my relaxed expression, placed one hand on mine and squeezed it. Ah his grasp was so comforting. His hands were nice and cold, almost freezing which I liked. Everyone these days had such warm hands; it really was disgusting. 

I decided to write this based on something my sisters and I wanted to do. We had watched all the Disney cartoons on a weekend last year and during the COVID pandemic, it gave us an idea. We wanted to imagine what it would be like if all the Disney princesses attended high school. Of course there is no cursing or any other mature themes in this story. I wanted anyone to be able to read my story. Luckily I got to write from Elsa's perspective since she is one of my favorite princesses. Hope you all enjoy! Please place comments about what you would like to happen in the next part. I will seriously take any comments and put them in the story. Also I will mention your name at the end of the story, citing your comment as inspiration. 

IzzyMossie137 GOLD, Aurora, Illinois

"Life is a journey I don't have a map for."
-Delta Goodrem-

Yes, I agree with Afra.
And also you can take Anna's school and Hans returns back as a good man and Anna trusts him and he has a rivalry with Kristoff towards Anna.

Afra ELITE said...
Afra ELITE, Kandy, Other

"A writer must never be short of ideas."
-Gabriel Agreste- (Fictional character- Miraculous)

This is a really beautiful story...I really love the storyline...Elsa is always my favourite Disney princess...☃️☃️☃️
In the next part, why don't you add Periwinkle from Tinker Bell as a new girl and she has rivalry with Elsa for Jack Frost as well as Ice powers...❄❄❄