Broken Heart, Strengthened Mind (Part 3) | Teen Ink

Broken Heart, Strengthened Mind (Part 3)

By WillHug4Money GOLD, Florien, Louisiana
WillHug4Money GOLD, Florien, Louisiana

Nothing is stronger than gentleness, and nothing is so gentle as real strength.

My parents finally left after we bade our goodbyes. I ran up the stairs with my medicine bag into the bathroom. The walls were white, but there were splotches of blue and purple everywhere. Somehow, they had gotten it that way on the sink and toilet, too. There was a mirror above the sink, and two shelves on either side. I put my toothbrush and toothpaste on one, and set my Tylenol and other things like that on the other.

I then walked into the only bedroom, which had walls like the bathroom, only it had more colors and matching bed sheets. I put my phone on to charge and proceeded to the closet to hang up my clothes. I pulled open the closet doors, and found that my parents, my now wonderful parents, had bought me an entire new wardrobe. I couldn't believe it! There was barely any room for my old clothes.

I was just putting old T-shirts from places like Florida, New York, San Diego, and even Las Vegas, into the huge bureau when there was a knock at the door. I dashed down and opened it.

"You're Amelie Fallon?" the guy who stood there asked.

"Yeah," I replied, too astonished for words. I didn't notice what the guy looked like; I was staring at the miraculous thing that stood behind him.

"I'm Jacob Black. Your parents told me to drive this over here."

"Oh my goodness!" I ran over to the sleek, sexy black car. It was jsut what I had wanted as a car: a Ford Fusion. "Jacob, can I hug you?"

Jacob barely had time to open his mouth when I threw my arms around him and squeezed. I realized how long and black his hair was when it fell down my own shoulders.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I squeaked.

"Can't...breath..."

"Oh, sorry." I stepped back. I became aware of his bulkiness as I straightened his shirt and laughed awkwardly. He was sort of...beautiful.

"Well, bye," he said; he started to walk away.

"Wait. Do you want me to drive you?"

"No thanks, I can make it."

"Alright. Well, bye."

He waved. I walked back into the house, thinking, "That was awkward."

Note: The Twilight reference was intended!