First Days in Doncaster | Teen Ink

First Days in Doncaster

By KaylaElaine_2016 BRONZE, Mulberry, Indiana
KaylaElaine_2016 BRONZE, Mulberry, Indiana
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

"Live fast, have fun, and be a bit mischievous." -Louis Tomlinson
"I may not be smart, but I know what love is." -Forrest Gump

"Welcome, Kayla," Mrs. Loveless, my new history teacher, was saying to me, "we hope you'll enjoy attending school here!" She finished a bit to cheerily. It was my first day, at a new school... again. This is my sixth school in the last nine years, and let me tell you; being the new girl, over and over again - SUCKS. But so far, I was liking it here, in Doncaster, and I was having a pretty good feeling about it. "Hey, Kayla," I heard someone whipser behind me. I turned to see a pretty girl with long blonde hair smiling at me. "I'm Izzy, what class do you have next?" She asked, smiling. I pulled out my schedule. "Free period," I told her. "So do I, you wanna walk together?" She said. "Yeah that'd be great," I answered, smiling back at her. I might actually like it here.
Finally, the bell rings. But - uggggghhhh- that was only first period! "Ready?" Izzy asked, stepping in front of my seat. "Yes," I sighed, she chuckled. "Trust me, it will only get worse. Mrs. Loveless is so nice, but her lessons are so boring," she laughed. "Something to look forward to," I muttered and heard Izzy stiffle a laugh. I grabbed my bag, and we were out the door. There were a lot more kids attending Hall Cross than I realized, there were literally everywhere! "How many people go to school here?" I asked Izzy, trying to be loud enough to be heard over all the noise. "Um, I don't know. Like, 6 or 7 thousand I think," she shrugged. "Wow," I said. "You'll get used to it," she smiled. As we walked into the classroom, I hardly saw anyone. "Where is everybody?" I asked, confused. "There aren't very many people in this free period. There are only like, 25 I think?" she replied. "Why?" I asked. "No clue," she answered. "Hey Mr. Randall, this is Kayla. It's her first day," Izzy said walking up to the teacher's desk at the front of the room. "Hello, Kayla, I'm Mr. Randall," he smiled. "Hi," I smile back. "So I was wondering if it would be okay if I showed her around the school so she knows where all of her classes and everything are.. is that okay?" Izzy asked, looking from me to him. "Yes, that'd be alright. Just let me sign you a pass," he said, reaching into a drawer and pulling out a small yellow pad, "and here you go," he said, handing Izzy the pass. "Thanks," she said, "come on, Kayla."
As we walked down the wide hallways of Hall Cross, it seemed really quiet. "So how long have you been going to school here?" I asked. "9th grade," Izzy said, "trust me, it grows on you. I absoultely hated it at first. But now I love it," she said. "Really?" I asked, "Oh yeah, it's a blast here. Once you make friends and everything, it's so fun," she replied. Before I even got a chance to reply to this, I hear footsteps behind us. Izzy and I both turn around to see a guy about our age walking about 10 feet behind us. "Hey, Louis," Izzy smiled. "Hey, Iz," he said as a jogged to catch up with us. "Who's your friend?" he asked, looking over at me. "This is Kayla, it's her first day here. Kayla, this is Louis," she replied, slipping to my other side, so I'd be in the middle. "Hey, welcome to Hall Cross," he smiled, "it's nice to meet you," he finishes. "Hi," I say a bit flustered. Man, was a cute! "How you liking it here so far?" Louis asks me. "It's alright... really big." "Yeah, it's huge," he laughs, this little cute laugh, "what grade are you in?" he asks. "11th," I say, "you?" "12th," he answers, winking. I feel myself blush and turn away. Izzy sees it, and smiles. "Um, I should really go study for my Geometry test," she lies, "Louis, do you mind showing Kayla around some more?" she asks. "No, not a problem," he says. "Oh, this is your free period?" I ask. "Yeah, this and 6th period. 12th graders can have two," he answers. "Oh, I gotcha," I smile. "So, where'd you move here from?" He asks, studying me curiously. "I'm from the U.S., actually," I say. "Really? Wow, this must be really different for you then," he laughs. "Yeah kinda, but its the same in some ways too. Like, I still have the same classes as I did there, so.." I trail off. "I know this is a bit random, cause Iknow we just met and all, but would would you wanna hang out tonight? I'd really like to get to know you better," he smiled. "Yeah I'd love too," I smile, feeling myself blush again. "You're really pretty," he blurts out, then looks down, the tips of his ears turning red. "Awww, thank you," I say, "You have really pretty eyes," I smile. "Thanks," he laughs, "So, how about you give me your number, and I'll pick you up around, say, seven?" He asks. "Yeah, that'd be great," I say. After we exchange numbers, I walk myself back to the classroom, smiling like an idiot the whole way.
"Are you kidding?" Izzy almost yells, "I can't believe Louis asked you out! That's unbelieveable!" She exclaims. "Why is it such a big deal?" I ask. "Because, Louis doesn't ask girls out. Ever. I've know him for years, and I've never even seen him crush on anyone," she smiles. "Really?" I ask, also smiling. "Yeah, so you want me to come over and help you get ready?" She asks, a twinkle in her eye. "Sure, I don't know what we're doing though," I say. "That's okay, we'll figure something out," she says.
"Okay, finished," Izzy says. "What do you think?" She asks, moving aside so I can see the mirror. "Oh. my. gosh," I say. "What? You don't like it?" She asks. "Izzy.. I look incredible!" I exclaim. I look at myself again; I've got on dark blue skinny jeans, a pink flowy top, Sperrys, my hair is loosely curled, and my make up is done. "Just remember," Izzy says, "have fun. Louis is a great guy. He'll treat you good. Text me later with details," she yells as she walks out of the room. About 10 minutes go by when I hear the doorbell. I pull the door open, and Louis is standing on the porch holding a single rose. "Here, I saw this and thought of you," he says, handing it to me. I smile. "Are you ready?" he asks. "Yeah," I reply. He holds out his hand to me, and I take it. "So where are we going?" I ask. "You'll see," he answers.
The drive seems to take forever. Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit. It's only about 15 minutes, but it seems like 500. Louis pulls into the driveway of a two-story brick house, with a big lawn and a trampoline in the side yard. He cuts the engine, gets out, and comes over to open my door for me. Um, Louis..." I begin. "This is my house," he cuts me off. "It's beautiful," I say, looking up at it. "You're beautiful," he says. I turn to see him looking right at me, and I blush. "I like that," Louis says softly. "What?" I ask. "When you turn that light shade of pink and you get all shy. It's cute," he smiles. I laugh, "I hate how I do that," I say. "Why?" he asks. "I don't know, I just do," I laugh again. "Come on," Louis says, lacing his fingers through mine. He holds my hand all the way to the door, letting go so he can hold it open for me. The first thing I notice, is the noise. "Sorry about that," Louis casually says, "I live with my mom and my 4 younger sisters," he says laughing. "Really?" I ask, smiling. I was really starting to fall for him. "Yeah, I wanted to introduce you to them. My mom's making dinner for all of us," he says shyly, "I know it probably isn'y what you were expecting, but..." he trails off. "It's perfect," I smile up at him. "Come on, mom's in the kitchen," he smiles back.
Louis leads me through a hall into a gorgeous kitchen, which smells strongly of something Italian. "Mom, this is Kayla," Louis says, "Kayla, this is my mom." "Hello, Kayla. I've heard so much about you," she says smiling. "It's a pleasure to meet you," I smile in return. "Dinner will be ready in about 15 minutes or so," she says to the both of us. "Okay, well... would you like a tourn of the house?" Louis asks. "Yeah, sure," I smile.. again. He laughs. "Right this way," he gestures to another hallway on the opposite side of the room. We walk down it, hand in hand, and end up in the living room. There's a piano in the corner, and enormous beige couch in the middle of the room, with a coffee table in fron to fit, and a flat screen TV a little ways behind that. "This is amazing," I say. "Yeah, it's alright," Louis shrugs. "Alright? I love this," I laugh. "You want to see the upstairs?" He asks. "Yeah, lead the way," I say. We walk up the stairs, and the noise I had heard earlier suddenly sounds really close. We pass a bathroom, and Louis stops in front of a slightly cracked door. He knocks lightly, then pushes it open the rest of the way. Inside, I see two little girls, probably about age 5, sitting on the floor with some Barbie dolls. "Hey, girls," Louis says. "Hi, Louis," the girls say in unision. "These are two of my sisters, Daisey and Phoebe. Girls, this is Kayla," Louis says. I smile. The girls smile back. Louis then moves on to the next door. "This is my room," he says opening the door to reveal what was behind it. His room is actually pretty simple. Dark blue walls, king sized bed in the middle of one wall. Closet, dresser, desk. The usual stuff. "Nice," I say. He laughs. "It's boring, I know," he smiles. "No, I like it. Really," I twine my fingers in with his. He smiles. We back into the hall again, and we move on the the last door, which is fully open. Louis walks in ahead of me. "Hey," he says to the two girls sitting on one of the two beds. The look about 10 and 12. "Kayla, these are my other two sisters, Lottie and Fizzy," he laughs. I smile. "I'm Charolette," one smiles. "I'm Felicitie," the other laughs. Louis shrugs, and I laugh. "Dinner's ready!," I hear Louis' mom yell from downstairs. We let the girls walk ahead of us, and hold hands all the way to the dining room.
Dinner was amazing. Louis' mom made chicken fettuchini alfredo, which Louis later told me they have a lot because they all love Italian food. After dinner, Louis and I were lounging on the couch in the den, watching a movie. I was snuggled up next to his, and I could feel him breathing beneath my cheek. I looked up at him, and he looked at me. He smiled. Our eyes locked, and I could see him leaning in closer and closer, until our lips met. The kiss was long and sweet, making me want more after. Louis quickly got up from the couch, and look down at me. "What are you doing?" I asked, laughing. Suddenly, he dropped onto one knee. "Louis..." He laughed. "Kayla, will you do me the honor of letting me be your boyfriend?" He grinned. I laughed. I leaned in and kissed him, long and tender. He pulled back, "I'm taking this as a yes," he laughed, and I laughed with him. I knew then that Louis Tomlinson was more than just a sweet guy from Doncaster, but guy for me.

Madaline Hucks BRONZE, Ottumwa, Iowa
This is fabulouis!! I can totally picture this and this seems like something that Louis would do!! He is so sweet!!! Fantastic!!! Directioner forever and always!!!!

1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Please comment what yout think! Xx