Hold On | Teen Ink

Hold On

By Palrice8 PLATINUM, Lynn, Massachusetts
Palrice8 PLATINUM, Lynn, Massachusetts

"Face the downs and be grateful for the ups." - David Archuleta

"@David Hey David, how's life been moving on? I can't deny it, now you're gone. This is the first time, can I make it through? Without you now, do the things I used to do..." she typed quickly before pressing hard on the backspace key, deleting the entire tweet she was about to send.

"Dear David,
It's getting harder to ease the pain. The feeling changes, but love still remains. I don't know how, if I can get this right. Maybe given time I'll make the most of what I've got." she wrote before ripping up the piece of paper she had begun writing as a letter.

She sighed. "Is this the price we pay with all the good times we shared?" she asked out loud.

"Faithfully we've got a reason to go on." David sang as he appeared in front of her.

She stared at him. "I know it's good to be true, just spend the nights with you." she said to him, shaking her head.

"Let me tell you that our love can make it through!" he sang as he began walking over to her.

"Hold on, baby hold on, We've got to go on now, this feeling so strong," he sang as he sat down next to her. "Hold on, baby hold on, It's a burning desire, coming right down the wire." he kept singing as she stood up, back facing him. He looked confused as he stood up and continued singing.

"Sweet talking, it's all in the lines, There's no turning back unless you make up your mind." he sang as he turned her around to face him. "The expectations after all of these years, Risin' to the moment, let's forget all our fears!"

"Is this the love we have?" she asked. "With all the good times we shared..."

"Faithfully we've got a reason to go on!" he sang out.

"I know it's good to be true, just spend the nights with you." she said as she looked off to the side.

"Let me tell you that our love can make it through!" he sang.

"But when the night is over!" she sang at him, interrupting him. "No one can deny it!"

"Got to believe in!" he sang to her.

"We couldn't ask for more than to hold each other tight!" they sang together as David wrapped his arms around her. "It's just we'll never take things for granted!" they sang as she backed away from him.

"Hold on, baby," he sang.

"Hold on!" she sang.

"We've got to go on now, this feeling so strong," they sang.

"Hold on, baby hold on," he continued.

"It's a burning desire, coming right down the wire!" she sang.

"HOLD ONNNNNNN!" they let out.

"This love we have... We've gotta hold on... Got a reason to go on... we've gotta hold on... feeling is so strong... Hold on." she wrote as she finished her letter to David.

This is a one shot based off of David Archuleta's song "Hold On" from his latest album Forevermore. It's meant to describe a powerful and epiphanic moment between a fan and David, even though the moment is only in the fan's head.

This song has been extremely helpful since David left on his 2-year mission, it's really relatable and I just love it.