Cathbonyin | Teen Ink

Cathbonyin

In the beginning there were no people on the earth. Cathbonyin, The Great One, came down from the heavens and cut many apples from trees. Cathbonyin divided these into pairs which he placed in different parts of the world, and then he said to them, “Grrrr snarf snarf.” Immediately the apples became hippies, and in each place was a man and a woman hippy who could snarf, but the language of each couple differed from that of the others.

Then Cathbonyin commanded each hippy man and woman to marry, which they did. By and by there were many hippy children, all speaking the same language as their parents. These, in turn, married and had many more hippy children. In this way there came to be many hippies on the earth.

Now Cathbonyin saw that there were several things which the people on the earth needed to use, so he set to work to supply them. He created pies, and told the inhabitants of one place to bake it and sell it to their neighbors. But the hippies didn’t understand the directions of The Great One, and the next time he visited them, they had not touched the pies. Then he took it away from them and gave it to the people of a place called Compton. The people there were known as pie gorillas and they did as he asked, and because of this he told them that they should always be owners of the pies, and that the other people must buy it.

Then Cathbonyin went to the people of Pittsburg and told them to get tins.They got the tins, but they didn’t understand the point, and the tins weren’t made well. Because of their failure, Cathbonyin told them that they always have to buy their tins, and he moved the tins making to Detroit. When he told the people there what to do, they did as he asked, and their tins were well shaped and had great texture. Then The Great One saw that they were fit owners of tin making, and he told them that they should always make tins to sell. In this way Cathbonyin taught the people and brought to them all the things which they now have.

#CIL