Excaliferb II: The Quest for Merlin's Crystals (Book One, Part Two) | Teen Ink

Excaliferb II: The Quest for Merlin's Crystals (Book One, Part Two)

By Greek_Geek SILVER, Storm Lake, Iowa
Greek_Geek SILVER, Storm Lake, Iowa

"Do you hate trash cans? Is that it? Do you just hate trash cans?"
"I can't drive with you screaming in my ear!"
"You can't drive at all!"
- Jake and Marco, Megamorphs #1 The Andalite's Secret

Carl walked back into Francis' bedroom, and sat back down on his chair, and opened the book again.

“Ready sir?”

“Yes,” Monogram told Carl.

“And so, with their destination in mind, our heroes set off, into the Deep Dark Forest of Darkness…

~~~

“You know, we probably should’ve thought this over a bit more.” Phineas concluded as the group made their way through the forest. “I mean, it’s called the Deep Dark Forest of Darkness, we probably should’ve brought a torch, or a flashlight, even.”

“You do realize that this is the middle ages, right?” Baljeetalos asked Phineas. “Flashlights haven’t been invented yet.”

“Right,” Phineas sighed in defeat, before his eyes widened. “Wait! I’m a wizardling!”

“And I’m a wind lord, what of it?” Bufavulous asked.

Phineas ignored the much larger teen, and instead reached down to the ground, and picked up the first thing his hand landed on. He rubbed his fingers over the object’s smooth surface, and spoke. “Lighupimus!”

With a flicker, the object, which Phineas realized was a mushroom, started to glow, letting off a strong aura of light.

“Awesome!” Phineas said happily. “Now we can see instead of going through the forest blindly, and accidently running into some evil creature.”

“Uh… Phineas…” Isabel said. “I think it’s too late for that.

“What are you talking about?” Phineas asked Isabel.

“I think the sprite’s talking about me.” A new, menacing voice chuckled.

Phineas yelped, and turned around to face  the owner of the voice.

Standing behind him, was a boy about his age, with curly orange hair, a long pointy nose, and brown eyes hidden behind a pair of glasses. He was smirking at the young wizardling, showing off his pointed teeth.

“Who are you?” Phineas asked, taking a step back from the creature.

“I’m Thaddeus!” He told them. “I’m the most powerful wizardling alive, I have more power in my pinky, than you do in your entire body!”

“Ugh, rude.” Isabel remarked. “And besides, Phineas is the most powerful wizardling ever! He helped defeat Malishmirtz, what have you done?”

“Well, I’m helping Malishmirtz get rid of some pesky pests that keep on ruining his plans.” Thaddeus said.

“Why would you help Malishmirtz?” Baljeetalos asked.

“Because, he offered me power, and promised me the glory of killing Erlin, the leader of the Vulcan Wizardlings.” Thaddeus told them. “All he wants is for me to kill the red-headed wizardling, and that all can be mine.”

“What?” Phineas said, backing away from the evil wizardling. “You… you don’t really want to kill me. We’re wizardlings, we should stick together, and not… kill each other.”

“Hmmm… how about… no.” Thaddeus said, taking a step towards the wizardling. “Trust me, though, I am going to take great pleasure into destroying you.” Thaddeus took another step towards the group, but before he could do anything else he was suddenly engulfed in flames. When the flames went, Thaddeus disappeared in a puff of smoke.

“What was that?” Isabel asked.

The friends looked at one another, warily, before turning around. Phineas raised the mushroom towards the area, and saw a girl. A girl he knew.

“Stachilda?” Phineas asked.

The young woman in question, stepped out of the shadows, her eyes were glowing a bright yellow, that probably would’ve been really creepy if the teens didn’t have the glowing mushroom.

“Hey, Phineas!” Stachilda said, raising her hand in greeting. Her eyes started to dim, before turning back into the soft brown they normally were. “What are you all doing in the Deep Dark Forest of Darkness? Don’t you guys know that this is the forest where dragons live?”

“Well, yeah, but it was the quickest way to Mnt. Vulcan.” Phineas explained. “We’re on a quest, and we have to go speak to the Vulcan Wizardlings.”

“Plus, now we probably should warn their leader about Thaddeus.” Ferb added.

“Yeah, but… what are you doing here?” Phineas asked Stachilda.

“Whenever someone who has no dragon in their blood enters the forest, I must come here.” Stachilda explained. “You never know if the intruder is trying to kidnap a dragon, to turn it into a war weapon.”

“Wait, why do you come to protect the dragons?” Bufavulous questioned.

“You are the Dragon Protector.” Baljeetalos said. “The only dragon in existence who can change from being a dragon, into a human.”

“Correct.” Stachilda said.

“So… my sister is friends with the Dragon Protector?” Phineas asked in awe.

“Exactly,” Stachilda said. “Due to that, she’s become a friend to the dragons, a honorary dragon, if you will. I know she’d never do anything to hurt a dragon, and she’ll help me to protect them.”

“Sounds like Candace.” Phineas stated proudly. “And thanks for getting rid of that Thaddeus guy.”

“You’re welcome, Phineas,” Stachilda said, “but I fear that won’t be the last you’ll see of him. He will be your greatest enemy, young wizardling, you must be careful.”

“Of course,” Phineas said.

“Now, want some help with getting to your destination?”

“Sure,” Isabel said.

Stachilda nodded at the water sprite, and then raised her arms. “My brethren!” She called. “Hear me, and answer my call! Light the forest, and help these young teens in their quest! Help them get through our forest, and protect them from whomever might be wishing to cause them harm in our home!”

All around, the forest was lit up with red hot flames.

~~~

“Well, that was fun.” Phineas said, once the teens exited the Deep Dark Forest of Darkness.

“I can’t believe we met the Protector of Dragons!” Isabel gushed. “Ginger told me so much about her!”

“Yes, it was quite nice,” Ferbalot admitted. “But now we have to enter the volcano.”

“A volcano that is smoking.” Baljeetalos said, pointing at the mountain.

The others turned to look over at Mtn. Vulcan, and gasped.

“Oh no,” Isabel moaned.

“Well, we’re dead.” Bufavulous calmly stated.

“You must get there before it blows.” Baljeetalos said, quoting a line of the Lady of the Puddle’s rhyme. “Looks like we do not have that much time left.”

With that said, they headed off towards, what could most definitely be, their doom.

~~~

Luckily nothing that bad happened on the way to the volcano, the worst thing was that they nearly tripped over the freakishly long moustache of a man, who was making his way towards a tower, muttering something about animal agents, and unpaid interns.

Though, once they go to the volcano, they realized something dire.

The sides of the volcano were smooth, and steep, jutting straight up in the air, giving no hand holds to climb up. There was no way they could get to the top, and jump into the hole.

“Is there any other way to get into this thing?” Bufavulous asked, hitting the side of the volcano with his hammer.

“I have heard that someone with Vulcan Wizardling blood in his veins, can open up a secret door to enter.” Baljeetalos said.

“Where’s the secret door?” Phineas asked.

“I think it’s right over there.” Isabel said, pointing over at a door, that had written on it, in bright, neon green; “Secret Door”

“That’s convenient.” Phineas said.

The group walked over to the door, and stared at it.

“There’s no handle.” Isabel observed. “Phineas, think you can do anything?”

Phineas shrugged, and walked over to the door. “Might as well try.” He took a deep breath, and leaned his weight on the door, it opened.

“Guess he has Vulcan Wizardling blood.” Baljeet observed, and they all walked into the active volcano.

~~~

“Hey Dad, Carl!”

Carl and Monogram turned to look over at the man who had opened the bedroom’s door.

“Monty!” Monogram said. “What are you doing here?”

“Well, I want you to meet my fiance.” Monty said.

“You proposed?” Monogram asked. “I haven’t even met her yet!”

“Yeah, there’s a reason for that…” Monty stepped aside, revealing his fiance.

“Vanessa Doofenshmirtz?” Carl and Monogram exclaimed.

The Quest for Innocence Part Two

I do not own Phineas and Ferb.

The_DoctorDonna PLATINUM, Anytown, Iowa

"Nothing is impossible. The word itself says 'I'm Possible'"

Why must you leave me with a cliffhanger like this!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Pleeeeeeeeeeease keep going! Must...know...what...happens!!!!!