Laughing Man | Teen Ink

Laughing Man

The day after my wife left me, I was filled with sadness. I was dragging my feet place to place, emotion drained from my body. She left me. Why did she? I have no reasons to connect to the issue. She left and I have to carry on.

I drag the feet to my car to go to something that could perhaps fill the void I’m currently feeling. I enjoy writing, so the void will be filled by sharing my stories to anyone that will listen. I enter the building and see the room filled with nine people sitting in a circle, soon to be ten. 

My turn arrives and the story begins…

The sun was shining and the birds were chirping. I awoke in a state of glee. This was the day that has been sitting in my mind ready to come to light. My anniversary. Five years, that’s a long time. I have a whole night ready to go for her. I go out to grab all my necessities and home to my world crashing down all around me. She is there… with someone else. How? Why? I walk upstairs and sit in sorrow for what seems like hours. 

The next day begins and all I know is she wasn’t happy. How could she not be happy when I am so happy?

I lift my head with the sound of applause. I feel a smile spread on my face. First smile that I can recall for a long time.  

I enjoy writing about realistic things, so this story is about a wife leaving her husband.