Will She Ever Go Home? | Teen Ink

Will She Ever Go Home?

By palak2329 BRONZE, Cupertino, California
palak2329 BRONZE, Cupertino, California

The little girl was irritated. She and her family were about to leave, but she wanted to stay and play in the snow with the other kids . They were at the gift shop buying souvenirs,but inside it was . She hated the feeling of being squished,watching her parents staring at magnets, and waiting forever in line . Her eyes were  glued to the bright, sparkling white snow outside with young children playing in it. The little girl had to go play.  As carefully and quietly as possible the little girl slipped  outside and went to go play where the other children were.  The little girl ran towards the snow and felt the soft snow in her hand. She began to make little tiny snowmen, adding little pebbles for buttons, twigs for arms, and a pinecone for a hat. After a long time of dancing and playing, the little girl became very tired and thirsty, so she ran back to the gift shop looking for her parents, but they were gone. Confused , the little girl runs through the entire shop, but they are nowhere to be seen. She ran outside longing to see their faces but she couldn’t find them .Tears slowly dripped from her eyes as all she wanted was her parents. She regrets playing in the snow and realizes that she should have stayed with her parents.The little girl craved for this nightmare to be over. She didn't know what else to do and started to yell desperately for her parents, but she got no reply. She soon  became tired and leaned against the gift shop's wall,waiting for her parents. The worst part was that as people came out of the shop, they stopped and stared, pitying and watched her cry in the cold, not bothering to help. Hating the stares she was getting, the little girl put her head down and closed her eyes, wondering if she would ever meet her parents again.

The set piece is about the little girl (me) who  got lost in Lake Tahoe because she separates herself from her parents.