I Will Remember You | Teen Ink

I Will Remember You

October 2, 2013
By ScarlettJ. DIAMOND, West Newton, Pennsylvania
ScarlettJ. DIAMOND, West Newton, Pennsylvania
92 articles 0 photos 88 comments

Favorite Quote:
"You are only confined by the walls you build around yourself." "Follow your heart, but take your brain with you." "You were born to be real, not to be perfect."


My wife lays pale in front of me. Her beautiful pale skin has now turned into a pasty gray replacement. I watch my wife's chest slightly rise up and down, as if it were nearly impossible. But I know she is not my wife, not my girl friend, and not my friend. She is my soul mate and lover and shall always be my other half. I am nothing, nothing at all, without her. I watch my wife dying... The cancer slowly killing her.
Her hand brushes mine. I feel the tears that I've willed not to spill, slip over my cheeks and drip onto her skin. She smiles slightly, whispering," I thought you' d never do that."
I drop my head onto her chest. The tears wont stop. I whisper over and over again," I love you, I love you, I love you."
Her face lifts up to mine and I see she wants to kiss me, and I fear it's our last.
She whispers in my ear," I will always love you."
I feel her hand loosening and the tears stop instantly.
I know I'm screaming as they pull me from the room.
I know I'm crying when they put the coffin into the damp earth.
I know she is with me as I think of her...


The author's comments:
This is very sad. I'm surprised I could write this.